Long Island Steel Shootout at LIPSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Island Steel Shootout at LIPSA

Anyone going this weekend? I"m going tomorrow morning.
    NRA Life member

I desperately wanted to but have a commitment with kids that knocks me out.
    Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Do spectators need to preregister
        Last edited by advise429; 07-16-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by advise429 View Post

Don't spectate, shoot. The squads are very welcoming of even new shooters.
          Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by advise429 View Post
            https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...port-and-lipsa
            Steve

Comment

I’m shooting tomorrow morning. Pistol and PCC. This is my favorite LIPSA match.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post

Don't spectate, shoot. The squads are very welcoming of even new shooters.
                ^^^^This!!! It is very chill. Everyone is very welcoming. There is no pressure. Do the best you can and enjoy it. No reason just to watch. It’s really fun.

Comment

I'm in tomorrow for tomorrow morning. Shooting PCC. This is one of the fun matches there. (well ok they're all fun).

Comment

dammit. I loved going to these. Just having little kids is holding me back. A few more years hopefully and I'll be there

Comment

Great time shooting this morning. Love this match. Now, I'm going to vent a bit. It was 95+ degrees with like 90+ percent humidity and as a result, I needed to remove my glasses for a second to wipe the sweat out of my eyes. I was nowhere near the shooters box and no one was shooting at the time but an R/O who shall remain nameless, turns to me and yells out to me, "hey you, put your f**king glasses on". To which I apologized and complied immediately. But it didn't end there. That was immediately followed by.... "this is going to sound harsh, but you look like the type of guy that would turn around and sue the range if you got hurt".... and I was like.... "WTF did you just say "... why don't you tell me what someone who sues the range looks like". and it went downhill from there. Some of you can probably guess who I'm talking about. I didn't have a problem with "put your f**king glasses on", but this asshat crossed the line... and several of the LIPSA R/O's agreed with me and actually went out of their way to apologize to me. I was told I was one of at least 5 people that already complained about this same individual.

In the end, the LIPSA guys did the right thing and it was a great day nonetheless, but some people should really not be allowed to deal with the shooting public.

Comment

• mossy930spx
                        mossy930spx commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What a cunt

I shot yesterday. Had a great time but it was hot as balls. And yes, that’s the problem with New York, there are a lot of cunts in the shooting “community”. It’s unfortunate.

Comment

Fun as usual. Was having some trouble with my PCC. Like when I was shooting my red dot decides to take a swan dive into the sand. Definitely a quick disconnect I can do without! Back up iron sights brought into play...

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
                          Great time shooting this morning. Love this match. Now, I'm going to vent a bit. It was 95+ degrees with like 90+ percent humidity and as a result, I needed to remove my glasses for a second to wipe the sweat out of my eyes. I was nowhere near the shooters box and no one was shooting at the time but an R/O who shall remain nameless, turns to me and yells out to me, "hey you, put your f**king glasses on". To which I apologized and complied immediately. But it didn't end there. That was immediately followed by.... "this is going to sound harsh, but you look like the type of guy that would turn around and sue the range if you got hurt".... and I was like.... "WTF did you just say "... why don't you tell me what someone who sues the range looks like". and it went downhill from there. Some of you can probably guess who I'm talking about. I didn't have a problem with "put your f**king glasses on", but this asshat crossed the line... and several of the LIPSA R/O's agreed with me and actually went out of their way to apologize to me. I was told I was one of at least 5 people that already complained about this same individual.

In the end, the LIPSA guys did the right thing and it was a great day nonetheless, but some people should really not be allowed to deal with the shooting public.
                          I can attest to what was stated here as I was present. Total dick move by the RO.
                          NRA Life member

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post

Without being there I am pretty sure I know the RO you are talking about. He gives everyone a hard time and most who know him likely share the same opinion of him as you. Don't let that guy try to ruin your day and he certainly isn't representative of the rest of the guys at Lipsa.

Comment

Working...
                            X