Man Held At Gunpoint With Own Shotgun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

The law really have no choice. You can't tell the Victim, "We'll not arrest and charge the guy until you know 100% what your injuries are." and you can't let the guy sit in jail without charges awaiting something that may or may not develop. You have to go with what it is, not what it might be.

And although I don't have any direct experience with it that I remember, I believe that charges can be upgraded if the Victim's condition changes.
    Logical on all counts. But bail is decided based on the initial charges, correct? That gives the predator an easy out and also endangers everyone else from that point on.
    I still can't believe a home invasion can be treated so nonchalantly.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

Logical on all counts. But bail is decided based on the initial charges, correct? That gives the predator an easy out and also endangers everyone else from that point on.
      I still can't believe a home invasion can be treated so nonchalantly.
      Not my area of knowledge, but yes. But info can get into setting bail/bail hearing that can't come into a trial; like the Defendant's history/bail jump risk, etc. If this was just the "Victim" sold the Defendants fake dope and the Defendants went back to get their money back - that may be a bit different than the cash-only business owner getting set-up by an employee for a 'real' home invasion robbery.
      Last edited by Dan 0351; 12-15-2017, 10:44 PM.
      No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Working...
      X