Another Hotel involved gun arrest.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Hotel involved gun arrest.

Newsday40°4/15/2018GOOD EVE CHANGEPASSWORDMANAGE MYSUBSCRIPTION MANAGENELONG ISLANDCRIME Cops: Man at Riverhead motel had multiple weapons

Russell L. Kirk, of Fairmont, West Virginia, was in possession of several semi-automatic handguns, police said. Photo Credit: Riverhead Town Police

By Lisa Irizarrylisa.irizarry@newsday.com @lisairiz Updated April 15, 2018 1:50 PM
    PRINT SHARE
    A West Virginia man faces multiple weapons-possession charges after he was found with several handguns at a Riverhead motel, police said Sunday.

Riverhead police said they received a call from an employee at the Greenview Inn on West Main Street at noon Saturday saying that he had recovered a loaded semi-automatic handgun from the premises.

Following an investigation it was determined that Russell L. Kirk of Fairmont, West Virginia, was in possession of a loaded Glock 9 mm semi-automatic handgun and two loaded Taurus 45 cal. semi-automatic handguns, police said.

Police said one of the handguns was stolen in West Virginia. Additional details were not immediately available regarding Kirk’s age, exactly where in the motel the guns were found, and whether he had been staying at the motel.

Kirk had been working in Riverhead, police said, but no information was provided about his employment.

Police said Kirk is charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property. Sign up for the Power on Trial newsletter

Get our insider's look and analysis of the key moments in the Mangano-Venditto trial.
    By clicking Sign up, you agree to our privacy policy. By Lisa [email]Irizarrylisa.irizarry@newsday.com @lisairiz
    Lisa Irizarry has been a reporter for Newsday for three years and writes breaking news stories for the web and the newspaper.

SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE ON TWITTER MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Recent LI mug shotsRecent mug shots from law enforcement agencies on Long Island. Comments

Comments section is temporarily on hold. Here’s why.NEWSDAY RECOMMENDS
    Last edited by LazyLab; 04-15-2018, 04:25 PM.

Stolen guns...fuck him, let him rot away in a NY prison!

Comment

"Police said one of the handguns was stolen in West Virginia."

I'm not seeing where it says he stole the gun. One of the things about living in America is firearms can be privately bought and sole freely. I used to keep bills of sale for this reason. Always had a fear of purchasing a firearm that was stolen.

Price of freedom I suppose.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by lynyrd View Post
        "Police said one of the handguns was stolen in West Virginia."

I'm not seeing where it says he stole the gun. One of the things about living in America is firearms can be privately bought and sole freely. I used to keep bills of sale for this reason. Always had a fear of purchasing a firearm that was stolen.

Price of freedom I suppose.

Paul
        Caveat emptor

Later, Steve
        People are crazy and times are strange
        I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
        I used to care but........ things have changed

Comment

In possession of stolen property.

Comment

But he looks like such a nice guy 👍🏻🙄

Comment

"Riverhead" & "Motel" & "West Virginia" smell of gunrunning... Not that I want to pass judgement before having all the facts.... so I'm hoping we will hear more facts in this....

Comment

If he legally owned all the firearms then I’d be like damn wtf. Stolen firearm...he can go sit on a cactus

Comment

He must be really stupid. Who the f*** would steal a Glock or Taurus.
                  NRA Life member

Comment

The Greenview Inn is a sleazbag welfare motel. No one from out of state would even find this dump unless they're involved with some sketchy activity.

Comment

Originally posted by green18 View Post
                      The Greenview Inn is a sleazbag welfare motel. No one from out of state would even find this dump unless they're involved with some sketchy activity.
                      ^^^^^^That^^^^^ I pass there in my travels, I imagine Riverhead PD is there regularly........

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                        Stolen guns...fuck him, let him rot away in a NY prison!
                        Ha ha ha you think he's going to do time?
                        Just another slap on the wrist so he can get out and get involved in a shooting so a "real" gun crime can be reported.

Comment

But were the handguns full semi automatic? That is the liberal sinkhole question.

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
                            He must be really stupid. Who the f*** would steal a Glock or Taurus.
                            Glocks might be among the most stolen guns of all since so many guns are stolen from LE agencies and police officers' cars.
                            Here's a list from just California.

http://extras.mercurynews.com/policeguns/

stolen guns.png
                            LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

Glocks might be among the most stolen guns of all since so many guns are stolen from LE agencies and police officers' cars.
                              Here's a list from just California.

http://extras.mercurynews.com/policeguns/

stolen guns.png
                              There is exponentially more Glocks in the hands of non-LEO's - and when you consider there are more than 230,000 (estimated) firearms stolen from gun owners each year, that's a LOT of stolen Glocks.

No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Working...
                              X