Gun crime on LI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun crime on LI

So the new NYS Senate leadership doesn’t even take over until January but 12 hours after polls closed sNewsday is already running the gun crime data to scare the average goober into believing guns are the root of all evil.
    I am glad they ran this. There are a few charts but if you look past the intended dramatic effect, guns are not much of a scourge at all (IMO) on LI, at least relative to a population of over 3 million people.
    Decide for yourselves:

Too many charts for me to attach here, sorry but you’ll have to click to read em.
    https://projects.newsday.com/databas...ns/?offset=120

655D6811-2304-4CB8-BFC8-F9588ACB9418.pngF401220D-42F4-4F81-913D-5F407947A3F0.png68B789D9-488D-48D0-8C9C-360F963B5E19.png

Useless stat, as there is no differentiation between whether real guns were used in robberies, vs. air guns, fake guns, whatever.
    Further, there is no parsing out if the person using the gun was already prohibited from owning one, or if the gun was stolen.
    Inflammatory blather to be distorted and abused for political gain.

Edit to add: two year trend shows decline, most likely attributable to Trump crackdown on illegals.
    Last edited by Grifhunter; 11-07-2018, 07:46 PM.
    Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post
      Useless stat, as there is no differentiation between whether real guns were used in robberies, vs. air guns, fake guns, whatever.
      Further, there is no parsing out if the person using the gun was already prohibited from owning one, or if the gun was stolen.
      Inflammatory blather to be distorted and abused for political gain.
      Even assuming every gun counted was a (xx name) a gun, illegal or not, the numbers are not particularly impressive. Big numbers like 66.6% and 100% are misleading if the reader doesn’t examine the entire chart. The chart goes on for a couple hundred lines.

By the time they make a few edits, make a PP out of it and show it upstate in the Chamber, it’ll scare the shit out of everyone who has an ability to vote on our depriving law abiding NY’ers of their rights.
      Mission Accomplished

Comment

Newsday sucks. I can't even get on their website anymore without registering.

Comment

If I am reading that correctly, only 3/11 of murders involved guns. I'm surprised at how low that number is.
          "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
          Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
          Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

0% of rapes involving guns.

Comment

Working...
            X