No announcement yet.

Man shoots Target security guard with his own gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retired and playing armed guard for $18.50 an hour. Should of filled/buried more coffee cans.
    Last edited by LazyLab; 03-11-2019, 11:07 AM. Reason: 🖕🏿

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
      Retired and playing armed guard for $18.50 an hour. Should of filled/buried more coffee cans.
      BRO......my old CO has a security company ...he hooks me up with the late tours and reimburses me for parking.... he's a solid dude

Comment

Originally posted by crashguy View Post

BRO......my old CO has a security company ...he hooks me up with the late tours and reimburses me for parking.... he's a solid dude
        Can you get late shifts on the major holidays? Those are the way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by crashguy View Post
          Sorry to hear about the security guard that got shot ..... but ... fuck Target ..they are anti 2A...except that they think their property needs armed protection ,,yep FUCK TARGET.... also ..this security guard 'Got into a scrap" with the perp.... I'd like t hear a little more about that ...
          See, the problem here is that all the cheap stores are anti-2A. If I can't go to Wal-Mart or target, where do I shop for cheap stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
            He's doing it wrong. Retired NYPD can easily get $30/hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

He's doing it wrong. Retired NYPD can easily get $30/hour.
              Imagine a retiree doing 30 to 40yrs maximizing his pension then jumping on the 3/4 scam with a bogus injury that was most likely from natural causes of aging. Big Big bucks for the rest of his life. Then getting a $30.00/hr gig with a Segway to patrol the aisles. They’d be the Cats Meow at the retiree functions.

Comment

I want to clarify one of my statements ..... Target is anti-gun ... the 2A has nothing to do with the carrying a firearm for employment .... police....security guards or military...

Comment

30 to 40 years, only to go out on disability is a wasted life! The pension will be the same (or close, gotta be around 3/4 after that much time)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                    30 to 40 years, only to go out on disability is a wasted life! The pension will be the same (or close, gotta be around 3/4 after that much time)
                    Nope... because then you play the Social Security game and get disability benefits for kids and spouse....... free college...... LOTTO
                    for a herniated disc or a bum knee which 99.9% of the +40yr old population has just from life/aging.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn B View Post

Missing what point, the crime in NY because criminals think they have nothing go fear. Kudos for those who hire armed guards. Too bad though, most folks in NY have a hard time getting the pistol license to be an armed guard. If they could get them easily, then I am guessing that maybe most of the armed guards in NYC would not be geriatric retirees. No offense to us old timers but why is it most atmed guards seem to be old farts!
                      Okay, sorry for the long delay, but it's a long response:

The point I was (humorously) making was my surprise that a family-friendly store selling discount goods in a liberal mecca would hire an armed guard.

I do applaud them for doing so. I wish all businesses would hire armed guards - You want my family's money, protect us while we shop.

Companies and schools hire retired cops because they are LESS likely to get involved and LESS likely to make a mistake if they have to get involved. If there weren't a zillion retired cops in this area, they would have to either pay enough to entice active cops or hire non-LEO guards, which might even put pressure on NY to make it easier, but I doubt it.

I definitely would hire a non-PROfit for a place like Target, but I would provide him with more training and oversight (compared to the same person as a retired cop).

Regarding the age of security guards, I can only assume that "old farts" have nothing better to do than work during a portion of their free time, and sitting on a stool for eight hours is certainly doable for them (as is pulling a trigger if it ever comes to that).
                      Last edited by Range Time; 03-12-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X