Truck driver found with assault rifle, high-capacity magazines in Eastchester

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR =/= Assault Rifle
    It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can read between the lines of their textbooks
    This world must be witness to revolution every now and then
    The busted wills and scrapfills of this great nation show you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn B View Post
      I have not come across a routine checkpoint (other than ones set up by the Border Patrol near the Mexican border) in probably at least 15 to 20 years. I thought they were a thing of the past; obviously not though.
      I see them , check points in NY city mainly after midnights in various parts of the city from time to time.

Comment

I like to see the full story. Was he heading to another state. If so he should be protected under federal transportation laws
        The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
          I like to see the full story. Was he heading to another state. If so he should be protected under federal transportation laws
          Most interstate truckers are armed in some way as truck stops can be dangerous places. And if this guy has his firearms in plain sight he didn’t think he was doing anything wrong. About 25 years ago I was receiving a pipe delivery in Harlem from West Va and the driver got out with a pistol on his hip. I went over and said just take that off and put it under your seat until you are out of the city. Which he did and had no idea he was doing something that could have landed him in huge trouble. And that was then

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

Exactly this. I see them on rt17 heading upstate, on both directions, at different points. There usually is a NYSP component to these mandatory checkpoints.
            They are on Sunrise and the LIE all the time, Motor Carrier Safety Unit. AKA DOT task force. They target any commercial vehicle. They are relentless and if you have a sos so vehicle it can cost you thousands in fines and towing. In the last year or so they have been targeting landscapers and contractors. They have been on Montauk Hwy and side roads also. This is a primary reason you do not see any old trucks on the road anymore,it’s not worth the fines. So if you have a landscaping business you are almost forced to buy a $80,000 truck. It’s a great revenue stream for NYS, dealers,repair guys ,tow operators.

Imagine if they pulled this crap with personal vehicles, your driving down the highway to get to a appointment and your forced off the road and under go a inspection, ok you happen to have a tail light out and your wipers are not perfect,or your defroster is not warm enough or you have tires that are almost ready to be replaced, you get hundreds in fines ,you get towed to a repair shop. Large trucks under go inspections every years just like cars ,only they cost a lot more.
            I just sold a Mack Roll off truck that belong to a friend ,it was used only to plow snow. It got sold because it was old but ran like a top,DOT would find a dozen things wrong and cost thousands. So it got sold and will be put on a ship to Haiti, where it will be running for twenty more years. True story, there is a Top Kick that has to go too.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post

They are on Sunrise and the LIE all the time, Motor Carrier Safety Unit. AKA DOT task force. They target any commercial vehicle. They are relentless and if you have a sos so vehicle it can cost you thousands in fines and towing. In the last year or so they have been targeting landscapers and contractors. They have been on Montauk Hwy and side roads also. This is a primary reason you do not see any old trucks on the road anymore,it’s not worth the fines. So if you have a landscaping business you are almost forced to buy a $80,000 truck. It’s a great revenue stream for NYS, dealers,repair guys ,tow operators.

Imagine if they pulled this crap with personal vehicles, your driving down the highway to get to a appointment and your forced off the road and under go a inspection, ok you happen to have a tail light out and your wipers are not perfect,or your defroster is not warm enough or you have tires that are almost ready to be replaced, you get hundreds in fines ,you get towed to a repair shop. Large trucks under go inspections every years just like cars ,only they cost a lot more.
              I just sold a Mack Roll off truck that belong to a friend ,it was used only to plow snow. It got sold because it was old but ran like a top,DOT would find a dozen things wrong and cost thousands. So it got sold and will be put on a ship to Haiti, where it will be running for twenty more years. True story, there is a Top Kick that has to go too.
              The more they target local service vehicles, the more we pay for those services. Nothing is for free. I know landscapers that will not work within certain towns anymore because of the enforcement units which then drives the cost up more with lack of competition. Gov’t just thinks it’s free revenue

Comment

I’ve seen checkpoints with local PD, DOT, DEC, Fed agency’s. The truck driver comes out of them with a bloody bunghole, Usually walking away because the vehicles is deemed O/O/S and towed at owners expense. Although Some vehicles and drivers rightfully deserve this treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                  NY SUCKS!

And...I'm really starting to hate that every article has to add the word assault before rifle, after AR-15, or both!!
                  Well, you know the AR stands for "Assault Rifle", right?

Someone actually told a friend of mine that exact thing the other day.

“Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I doubt this perp cares about NYS laws since he disregards his own state laws. Arrested for cruelty to animals? What a POS.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
                      I see arrests, not convictions. This guy might not be an angel but he should have his RKBA.
                      This. The article says brushes with the law. I think that if he was convicted they would have thrown in that he was a prohibited person and he probably wouldn't have a Florida CCW.

Comment

Working...
                      X