Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Island man arrested for possessing nearly a dozen ghost guns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
    I would love love love to see any libtard politician shoot a gun "made in a 3D printer" to show us just how 'dangerous' they are. And if there's anything left of his hand afterward, he can stick it back up his ass to keep his head company.
    You can 100% 3-d print a polymer 80 and it will work fine. Remember, the firearm is just the frame, not the slide in the eyes of the law.

Comment

Originally posted by -vanguard- View Post

You can 100% 3-d print a polymer 80 and it will work fine. Remember, the firearm is just the frame, not the slide in the eyes of the law.
      I know they can be done on high end setups with the proper polymers, but the way the Demtards make it sound, some local guy can buy a 3D printer at Costco and start printing up glocks and machine guns in his living room while watching the 90210 Reboot. In reality, the only scary thing is that anyone's actually watching the reboot.

Comment

News clip said he doesn’t have a pistol license.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

For the most part....yes. No manufacturers serial #= untraceable back to any owner or manufacturer. However, BATF allows a person to build from scratch, a gun for personal use or protection. This could be from a block of plastic or metal etc. It can be built up from a 80% manufacturer receiver. They do however, highly recommend that when completed, YOU, the builder/owner, engrave permanently, your own serial number for positive identification. You are NOT supposed to give or sell it to anybody. Doing so, constitutes "Manufacturing" and is against the law without proper licensing etc. Doing this with handguns is a whole other can of worms, which I do not know the legalities of. It must vary from state to state, which most likely means no-go in this shithole. Shocker, I know.

Edit to add - by giving or selling the gun to somebody else, of course circumvents state law requiring a NICS check, which is the 800lb gorilla in the room.
          It does- I could do it here and it would be a non-issue. I was actually going to do it here, but then the Glock Store ran a $40 frame deal, with $20 shipp[ng no matter how many you bought, so I went that route
          Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post

I know they can be done on high end setups with the proper polymers, but the way the Demtards make it sound, some local guy can buy a 3D printer at Costco and start printing up glocks and machine guns in his living room while watching the 90210 Reboot. In reality, the only scary thing is that anyone's actually watching the reboot.
            Correction ,you have to binge watch " Friends "

Comment

Originally posted by 50bmgshooter View Post
              I went to college with him, his family owns/owned Dejana trucking. Cant believe he didnt have a record.

A Port Washington man hoarded more than two dozen guns and assault rifles — including about a dozen untraceable “ghost guns” — and thousands of rounds of ammunition in his home, Nassau County police said Saturday, the day after his arraignment on weapons possession charges.

Nassau County police, State Police and the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force arrested John Dejana, 47, following a search warrant Thursday at his home on Slocum Avenue, authorities said.

Dejana, who had no licenses for any of the weapons, was charged with first-degree criminal possession of a weapon, police said. He was arraigned Friday in First District Court in Hempstead, where bail was set at $200,000 bond or $100,000 cash. He could face up to 25 years in prison if convicted, Nassau County District Attorney Madeline Singas said.

​ Ghost guns on display as Nassau County District Attorney Madeline Singas, along with Deputy Police Commissioner Kevin Smith and Nassau County Executive Laura Curran, speaks about the arrest of John Dejana, of Port Washington, for possession of illegal firearms on Oct. 5, 2019 in Mineola. Photo Credit: Howard Schnapp
              Dejana's defense attorney was not listed. He is due back in court Tuesday.

“We took these weapons … out of the home of someone who should not possess those weapons,” Singas said. “This defendant possessed an arsenal of firepower. This is deeply disturbing this firepower was in a home in Port Washington in our county.”

The FBI investigation and Nassau intelligence officers recovered 27 weapons including 12 ghost guns, five assault rifles and 10 other long guns and handguns, Nassau County First Deputy Police Commissioner Kevin Smith said.

Ghost guns are classified as untraceable guns without serial numbers, or those that may be untraceable. Some guns are assembled through kits or 3D printers and may not be detectable through metal detectors, Smith said.

“I can’t tell you what he may have planned for all these weapons,” Smith said.

Authorities unveiled the haul of weapons and 3,000 rounds ammunition Saturday in Mineola to conclude “Operation Ghost Gun.”

Dejana, who has no prior criminal record, worked as a contractor and lived in the home with his wife, four daughters and two dogs. Detectives recovered an unloaded handgun with a plastic magazine and a pink Louis Vuitton holster in his 12-year-old daughter’s nightstand, police said.

“It is astonishing to think in one residence, these guns and this ammunition was being hoarded,” Nassau County Executive Laura Curran said. “Can you imagine the dangerous things that could have happened with this? It’s just unbelievable.”

​ John Dejana, 47, of Port Washington, was charged with criminal possession of a weapon first degree Thursday in First District Court in Hempstead. Photo Credit: NCPD
              Dejana was also found with 30 illegal ammunition magazines, including a double-barrel magazine that can attach to a rifle and fire 100 rounds of ammunition, police said. They also seized a body armor vest, several large bags of marijuana and various vials and pills of anabolic steroids, they said.

Other guns included rifles with short barrels and silencers, attachable grips and other illegal modifications that violate New York’s SAFE Act, authorities said.

The ghost guns are shipped in kits and are legal because they are shipped in pieces, Singas said, but can also be resold illegally.

Authorities said Dejana purchased parts online, often used the weapons at firing ranges and showed off the guns on multiple posts online.

“While there are many responsible and licensed gun owners in our county, we allege John Dejana was not one of them,” Singas said. “When he wasn’t allegedly building guns in his home, just two blocks from an elementary school, he was flaunting them in hundreds of posts on Facebook.”

Singas said state legislation has been introduced to ban the kits, and last month, Attorney General Leticia James ordered 16 online companies to stop selling them.
              This is amazing. 3000 rounds is "hoarding?" And a double barrel magazine? Seems like the only reason not to possess is lacking a license. I can't wait to leave this state.

Comment

3,000 rounds of ammo - a mere pittance.
                Retired and loving it.

Comment

Why hasn't anyone told me about these double-barreled magazines? I really want some before they get banned.

Comment

Working...
                  X