No announcement yet.

Coram: Brother Shoots/Kills Brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Police say they were called to a resident on Judith Drive on Tuesday around 5:30 p.m. on a report of a man with a handgun threatening his family members.

According to police, once officers arrived Dimitri walked over to a parked car where his brother, 17-year-old Devontay Robert, was sitting. Dimitri then shot and killed him, and was immediately arrested by police.

“The officers exercised great restraint,” said Suffolk County Police Detective Lt. Kevin Beyrer. “They essentially witnessed a murder and took an armed suspect into custody without incident.”

Either I’m missing something or the sequence of events is inaccurately described ... it appears that police had the opportunity to save the young man’s life but they never acted ... that is not really the type of “restraint” we want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by miner View Post
        Police say they were called to a resident on Judith Drive on Tuesday around 5:30 p.m. on a report of a man with a handgun threatening his family members.

According to police, once officers arrived Dimitri walked over to a parked car where his brother, 17-year-old Devontay Robert, was sitting. Dimitri then shot and killed him, and was immediately arrested by police.

“The officers exercised great restraint,” said Suffolk County Police Detective Lt. Kevin Beyrer. “They essentially witnessed a murder and took an armed suspect into custody without incident.”

Either I’m missing something or the sequence of events is inaccurately described ... it appears that police had the opportunity to save the young man’s life but they never acted ... that is not really the type of “restraint” we want to see.
        I wouldn't try to figure out the tactical situation based on a news report.
        It appeared obvious to me that the statement made by Lt. Beyrer referred to AFTER the murder took place.

As to how the murder took place with police around - I could speculate for an hour, but that doesn't really get us anywhere.
        "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

What if he had a sword?

Comment

Kid don't need no gun...

Untitled.png
            LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

The "restraint" was in not killing him and saving the tax payers many hundreds of thousands of dollars if not more.
              John Valuk is dead. He fell on his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamuscull View Post
                What if he had a sword?
                It really depends on how fit or trained the person confronting the perp was. A fatass type of a guy would’ve had no chance without a gun and/or a cannon. A more capable guy like most of the police officers are would’ve been able to address the situation in different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by blwn89gt View Post

I grew up in Coram and all the time people would ask where do you live, my response was Coram and almost everyone would say oh like homestead village or Gordon heights. NO... others would refer to it as tangle wood hills or North Coram right below Mt Sinai lol. Where I grew up was like on the border of my Sinai and miller place. I also knew this kid as well. He would come play basketball or football with us because my group of friends knew his older brother.
                  me too in the W section. I always said port jeff just because it was easier.
                  "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Used to play paintball at the field in Coram off Granny Road. We had regular interlopers from Gordon Heights that would try to steal anything they could
                    Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post
                      Used to play paintball at the field in Coram off Granny Road. We had regular interlopers from Gordon Heights that would try to steal anything they could
                      At least if you get shot in Gordon Heights, you can stumble across Middle Country Road to Benson's for more ammo...

Comment

Working...
                      X