Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 men break into home in Merrick

http://longisland.news12.com/clip/14...ch-man-in-face
    Police say two men broke into a home in Merrick Tuesday night, and they are still on the loose.

They say the men, wearing dark clothes and bandannas covering their faces, broke into the Beach Drive home around 5 p.m. through a back door on the second floor.

Police say once inside, the suspects encountered a 20-year-old man in the den. They say one of the suspects and the man had a confrontation, and that the suspect displayed a gun.

The man was then punched in the face. Officials say the suspects ran out of the house without stealing anything.

They say the victim's mother locked herself in a room with a friend of the victim, as well as his grandmother. No other injuries were reported.

The roadway was blocked off for several hours as detectives combed the area.

Police say the suspects were about 5-foot, 10-inches. Anyone with information is asked to call Nassau Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." –Thomas B. Reed (1886)

5' 10". That's it?
    My, that will sure be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post
      5' 10". That's it?
      My, that will sure be helpful.
      Does a proper description really matter? They will just be released anyway. Then they get to tour the crime scene again.

Comment

It seems to me like the house was targeted, who knows why. I did click on the link and at 1:34 you see an ESU officer at the back of a truck with what looks like his handgun dangling from a rope
        or wire. Anyone?.........

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
          http://longisland.news12.com/clip/14...ch-man-in-face

Police say the suspects were about 5-foot, 10-inches. Anyone with information is asked to call Nassau Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS.
          Were they 5'10" standing on each other's shoulders? Or each? Very important to know that!

Comment

Another instance of trying to rob the local pot dealer? But some really dumb perps.
            Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
              Another instance of trying to rob the local pot dealer? But some really dumb perps.
              I could see this happening, specially since none of the residents appeared in the news. They don't want the attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Loadingdockman View Post
                It seems to me like the house was targeted, who knows why. I did click on the link and at 1:34 you see an ESU officer at the back of a truck with what looks like his handgun dangling from a rope
                or wire. Anyone?.........
                PM sent.
                "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

the real question is -------------------did they have the new divers licenses yet

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

PM sent.
                    Interested in your response. My first thought before I saw the video was a highway cop. Don't they still have lanyards? But this was not a highway cop.
                    The escape is VERY near. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Backup gun, probably holsters into his vest?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                        Backup gun, probably holsters into his vest?
                        That's the new retractable Glock 72 "Yoyo-matic"
                        Last edited by Vitaman; 01-08-2020, 10:41 PM.
                        "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." –Thomas B. Reed (1886)

Comment

Originally posted by raceradam View Post

Were they 5'10" standing on each other's shoulders? Or each? Very important to know that!
                          I've solved the case. 44444.JPG

Comment

Working...
                          X