This new "NO BAIL" program is really working out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This new "NO BAIL" program is really working out

Serial robbery suspect freed with no bail — then allegedly robs another bank

A serial robber who allegedly knocked over four banks in less than two weeks was released without bail on grand larceny charges Thursday — and is now suspected of robbing a fifth bank on Friday, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

“I can’t believe they let me out,” sources said he boasted as he retrieved his vouchered property at One Police Plaza. “What were they thinking?”

The suspect, 42-year-old Gerod Woodberry, went on the mini bank-robbing spree starting on Dec. 30, when he slipped a teller a robbery note at a Midtown bank and escaped with more than $1,000, the sources said.

He struck again in Harlem on Jan. 3, again handing a teller a robbery note, but didn’t get any cash in that caper.

In the West Village on Jan. 6, he escaped with more than $1,000 again, in another robbery, the sources said. Two days later, he passed another note to a teller on the Upper West Side, but again left empty-handed.

He was arrested by patrol cops in Manhattan on Thursday — but released without bail for the robbery spree.

Woodberry is now wanted for another bank robbery on Friday in Downtown Brooklyn, law-enforcement sources said.

In the heist, he allegedly passed a teller a note and made off with more than $1,000.

Law-enforcement sources said the no-bail law that went into effect on Jan. 1 laid the groundwork for Woodberry to rob another bank.

“Once the banks start complaining, hopefully the politicians will listen and change the law,” one source said.

Woodberry’s lawyer did not immediately return a request for comment.
    A serial robber who allegedly knocked over four banks in less than two weeks was released without bail on grand larceny charges Thursday — and is now suspected of robbing a fifth bank on Friday, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

Brought to you by the same people that have made spanking your own child a felony and say to use time-outs.
    I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
    I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
      Brought to you by the same people that have made spanking your own child a felony and say to use time-outs.
      Same people who want to HANG gun owners for have 1 round more then 10

Comment

Originally posted by Ransom View Post

Same people who want to HANG gun owners for have 1 round more then 10
        All goes to show who those in power fear.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Worst part IMO is this no-bail law is totally means based (as I understand it).

IOW, if the judge would have imposed a $10,000 bail on someone but deems them unable to afford it (or the bondsman's fee) then he release w/o bail.
          But, if the judge decides the accused can afford $10,000 bail or bond then they have to pay or be held.

How in Heaven's name is this equal application under the law?!

Comment

They give the criminals an advantage to kill you and your family when they break into your house..legal Gun owners are criminals...very bad people ... that's that

Comment

We’ve been out of NY for almost 3 years now - is spanking your kid really a felony there?
              Africa Part 2: May 2018

Comment

Originally posted by LIChris View Post

We’ve been out of NY for almost 3 years now - is spanking your kid really a felony there?
                Pretty much. Child abuse and all that.

Comment

So if I'm getting this right crime in NY DOES pay .

Comment

What about the counties?

They have to be losing millions$$ in bail fees and bail forfeitures??

(plus some kind of outcry from the bail bonds and bounty hunter industries)

Comment

Ya gotta see the Tucker Carlson story on the San Fran insanity that will now be commonplace here. People just walk into a supermarket, load up, walk out. Anything under $950 is just a citation, no arrest if they're actually caught...which they never are because the cops understandably just gave up at this point. The level of mental incompetence behind these laws and the ensuing anarchy is beyond comprehension. Yet here we are.

Comment

I love to tell people corporal punishment is legal.

Comment

Worst part IMO is this no-bail law is totally means based (as I understand it).

IOW, if the judge would have imposed a $10,000 bail on someone but deems them unable to afford it (or the bondsman's fee) then he release w/o bail.
                          But, if the judge decides the accused can afford $10,000 bail or bond then they have to pay or be held.

How in Heaven's name is this equal application under the law?!

Some ANIMALS are more equal than others.

Comment

BOTTOM LINE
                            https://youtu.be/M39l7rj80bM

Comment

What about the counties?

They have to be losing millions$$ in bail fees and bail forfeitures??

(plus some kind of outcry from the bail bonds and bounty hunter industries)
                              It’s through all of NYS not just NYC. The whole thing is a shit show from letting people right out, to the 40 plus pages of paper work we now have to do completely and send to the criminal justice bureau before an ADA even draws the case up. Then on top of that they DAs have 15 days from arraignment to turn all “ discovery” material over. It’s a disaster and everyone involved knows it except for the criminals and politicians who think it’s great.

Comment

Working...
                              X