NCPD Helicopter in Oceanside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
    They get most of their data from transponders, not radar.
    Not arguing or doubting you --

I see a Roberson R-22 ( black ) fly past my apartment window --- look at the sight ---- there it goes - flight path right over my head -- does his touch & goes out over the marshes --

Another one goes by ( yellow ) - but much lower --- not a sigh of it on the site --- later on it flies out again but a little higher ---- yep the sight sees it --
    NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Originally posted by nyctpt View Post
      Wonderful. Had time to get my camera out and take some nice pics at least.
      2+ minute full spin up and departure of Nassau’s Bell 429 Global Ranger

Last edited by Sherm66; 01-06-2021, 10:27 PM.
      When they kick out your front door
      How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head
      Or on the trigger of your gun?

Comment

Wrong department. That's NYPD. They fly out of Floyd Bennett. NCPD flies out of the former Grumman Plant 4 in Bethpage.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...605pd#26803bff
        Have you been to Floyd Bennet?
        Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

Have you been to Floyd Bennet?
          It's kinda like the Statue of Liberty. Locals never seem to get there.
          Steve

Comment

It's a busy place but honestly, not much for "tourists" to do and see unless you're an all out older aircraft buff.

It was NYS's first municipal airport, soon overshadowed by Laguardia.

The field is managed by the National Park Service. NYPD aviation as well as other units, USMC reserves and NYDOS have space there as well.

Mountains of aircraft history was made there.

There's HARP. older folks volunteering to restore a couple of planes in an unheated run down Hangar B. They have a lot of heart and seems to give many of them a purpose.

The original control tower building is there and was recently rehab'd. The tunnels that lead from the building out under the tarmac to huge hydraulic stairs that used to work are still there although the stairs are paved over.

nyc_airports_poster.jpg

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.

- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Is it open to the public?
              Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Is it open to the public?
                https://www.nps.gov/gate/learn/histo...nett-field.htm
                Steve

Comment

I remember when they changed the name of Idlewild to JFK.

Comment

I remember when they changed the name of Idlewild to JFK.
                    That was a bit before my time.

La Guardia was originally North Beach Field.

The gentleman that sang at my wedding (RIP Matt) worked on the Boeing 314 Flying Boats at The Marine Air Terminal, which is now a landmark.

I could kill hours on this site:
                    http://airfields-freeman.com/NY/Airf..._NY_Queens.htm
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post

It's a busy place but honestly, not much for "tourists" to do and see unless you're an all out older aircraft buff.

It was NYS's first municipal airport, soon overshadowed by Laguardia.

The field is managed by the National Park Service. NYPD aviation as well as other units, USMC reserves and NYDOS have space there as well.

Mountains of aircraft history was made there.

There's HARP. older folks volunteering to restore a couple of planes in an unheated run down Hangar B. They have a lot of heart and seems to give many of them a purpose.

The original control tower building is there and was recently rehab'd. The tunnels that lead from the building out under the tarmac to huge hydraulic stairs that used to work are still there although the stairs are paved over.

nyc_airports_poster.jpg
                      I was hired to contract and play with a band for the grand opening of a building at Floyd Bennet years ago. I can't remember if it was a museum or visitor center or something. They wanted big band type stuff so I put together a band. Two afternoons, Saturday and Sunday. Pretty cool gig. Geez time flys.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That was a bit before my time..htm[/URL]
                        I'm a lot older than you.

Comment

I'm a lot older than you.
                          Not a lot. I’m just immature for my age.🥴
                          Steve

Comment

Looks like they caught the guy after he came back to rob the same bank again yesterday (and then went on to the Baldwin branch)
                            Nassau Man Tried To Rob 2 Banks In The Same Morning: Police (msn.com)

Comment

Well, you can't fix stupid.

Comment

"Quinn is charged with two counts of petty larceny, two counts of third-degree robbery, fourth-degree grand larceny, third-degree attempted burglary and third-degree attempted robbery. He is scheduled to be arraigned later today."

He'll be home by 6PM due to concerns he may catch covid while awaiting trial.
                                Trial postponed due to covid concerns for jurors.
                                Case dismissed due to inability to perform "speedy trial" process.

Robbing banks within a year fo sho.

Comment

Working...
                                X