Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hear about a Manhasset man being arrested under the SAFE Act for an SKS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hear about a Manhasset man being arrested under the SAFE Act for an SKS?

I heard it was on News 12.
    I was told NCPD were called to a home in Manhasset by the guys sister and he had an SKS with the original fixed magazine and they charged him with a felony for having an assault rifle.
    Did anyone see that on the news?
    I googled but found nothing. The person who told me about it knows the individual well so I believe them that something happened.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Haven't heard. Just went to their website and didn't see anything.
    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

If it's true then he just hit the lottery.
      Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

Comment

I heard about someone acting like a nut on Plaindom road who was arrested but no real details.
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post
          I heard about someone acting like a nut on Plaindom road who was arrested but no real details.
          I don't get News 12 but was able to find this story: http://longisland.news12.com/news/th...eet-1.12141781

The Nassau County Police Special Operations Team arrived in full force at Plandome Road after receiving word that a mentally disturbed person was threatening family members. (August 6, 2016 5:20 PM)

Heavily armed police officers cornered a busy street in Manhasset on Saturday.

The Nassau County Police Special Operations Team arrived in full force at Plandome Road after receiving word that a mentally disturbed person was threatening family members.

Police have not yet identified the suspect but said he is known to have had weapons in the past.

Plandome Road and a portion of...

The rest I can't get because I'm not n Optimum Newsday subscriber.

http://longisland.news12.com/news/th...eet-1.12141781
          "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post
            Police have not yet identified the suspect but said he is known to have had weapons in the past.
            They meant to say "exercised his 2nd Amendment right in the past"

NRA Life member

Always looking for lead
            Wheel weights. lino type, ect
            PM me if you have or find some

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
              They meant to say "exercised his 2nd Amendment right in the past"
              No. They meant to say exactly what they did. They would never say "exercised his 2nd Amendment right in the past"
              First of all that's not sensationalizing the story then and second, News12 is a liberal anti network. they don't believe in 2A.

Comment

why don't those of you with cable just turn on news12? it's the same damn report all frigging day - and it's only 30 minutes before the rewind.

Comment

Originally posted by Parashooter View Post
                  why don't those of you with cable just turn on news12? it's the same damn report all frigging day - and it's only 30 minutes before the rewind.
                  I have it & refuse to watch it.
                  NRA Life member

Always looking for lead
                  Wheel weights. lino type, ect
                  PM me if you have or find some

Comment

I would say if the incident was a "real" safe act violation .... they would have publicized it ... in the meantime ...when police have encountered people that are emotionally disturbed and threatening themselves or others have been relieved of their firearms routinely for long before the safe act.

Comment

Hmmm....So a family member "RATTED" on him that he had guns? Remember last week and the guy with the AR in Cali. I believe some here said "the laws the law".
                      Last edited by LazyLab; 08-08-2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crashguy View Post
                        I would say if the incident was a "real" safe act violation .... they would have publicized it ... in the meantime ...when police have encountered people that are emotionally disturbed and threatening themselves or others have been relieved of their firearms routinely for long before the safe act.
                        You're assuming the anti gun journalistic ( using the term loosely) reporting is accurate.
                        You're also assuming that someone that called the police and made a complaint isn't the emotionally disturbed person.
                        There's got to be something more to this story.
                        Police didn't id the person but said he was" known to have weapons in the past."
                        WTF?
                        Was he known to be a criminal? Did he threaten someone with a gun in the past?
                        Everyone here is "known to have weapons"

If it was a good case I'm pretty sure his name would have been released and there would have been a nice display of his "arsenal".
                        Something doesn't make sense.

Comment

Black flag? Andy wanted to keep the sheep scared?

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

You're assuming the anti gun journalistic ( using the term loosely) reporting is accurate.
                            You're also assuming that someone that called the police and made a complaint isn't the emotionally disturbed person.
                            There's got to be something more to this story.
                            Police didn't id the person but said he was" known to have weapons in the past."
                            WTF?
                            Was he known to be a criminal? Did he threaten someone with a gun in the past?
                            Everyone here is "known to have weapons"

If it was a good case I'm pretty sure his name would have been released and there would have been a nice display of his "arsenal".
                            Something doesn't make sense.
                            If some one is arrested for a crime and is an adult and won't fuck the case up ..the name can be released.... if a person is taken into custody for being mental... they are essentially a "patient" and HIPPA Laws or similar confidentiality laws could come into play so they do not release names.

Comment

Can you look up incidents and arrests on Nassau police website, the same way you can with Suffolk?

http://apps.suffolkcountyny.gov/poli...aincidents.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X