Shopping at Medford Walgreens goes West Coast Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
    I had a similar experience at a Sam Goodys Green Acres early 1970s with my younger sister. I saw a guy shoving LPs under his coat. He stared at me as if I better STFU. That’s all I needed. I told the store manager. He checked it out by bumping into the creep. The manager said he must have seen us talking and dumped the records. When I left the asshole followed us back to my car, stood at the front bumper as if he was writing down my plate.... yelling at me to get out. I gave the accelerator a tap to hit him but he moved away. I got out with a full sized dirt shovel and that was the end.
    That look he gave me in the store.... I took as a personal threat and a dare.
    That was you ?
    NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

My son works retail right now, they are not supposed to stop anyone for shoplifting and all the cameras are more to prevent theft by employees. Folks just walk in then walk out with a cart full at least once a week.

Comment

Cold dry air. He's getting ashy.

Comment

This goes on in every town - for years. Several large-chain stores will actually fire their employees that call the police. They are to tell security whenever security comes in - sometimes a day or two later - and let security handle it. Security checks video, then when they get around to it they call the police. Often they have five or 6 different incidents over two or three days to report at one one time. Each individual report can take an officer an hour to take, including an extremely detailed written statement about the guard being trained on the video equipment and that the equipment is functioning properly, etc, etc, etc........mind-numbing. The Detective eventually gets the reports, then has to retrieve video of incidents to try to make an ID from the crappy video of a 'male, regular' with a mask. It's all a big waste of time and taxpayer money. Then, if by some extreme stroke of luck, the Detective recognizes the bad guy, then more hours are spent on possible photo packs and actually finding the guy, who may have several warrants for not appearing in court for similar charges. Then more hours to process the arrest. And although the guy has 41 previous arrests for the same thing, you let him go with another DISappearance ticket and he will just get another light tap on the wrist if at all, even after combining numerous incidents......nothing wrong with this system.........
          “The Wise are silent, the Foolish speak, and children are thus led astray.”
          Algernon Blackwood

Comment

Bullet proof vestibule. When the perp tries to leave hit a button locking them in or unscreened items will do it too.

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
              Bullet proof vestibule. When the perp tries to leave hit a button locking them in or unscreened items will do it too.
              Then pump in gas or not --- LOL

( to Jewish ? )
              NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
                Eventually all retail will close or put merchandise behind plexiglass.
                I don't remember where it was, but once, I was in an all-night liquor store. The entire store was behind heavy plexiglass. You had to ask the attendant for exactly what you wanted. Slide the cash down about a 6' chute and he would slide the booze and your change back.
                • To be human is to be armed.
                • Social media are the "Assault Weapons" of the First Amendment.
                • Ideology is the antithesis of intellect.

Comment

• oshwan
                  oshwan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thats almost any liquor store in the boroughs not in a gentrified area, along with Chinese takeout.

Originally posted by BillyBonds View Post
                I was just at the Walgreens on the corner of 112 and Horseblock in Medford with my 5 year old letting her pick out some lotion and lip balm when a suspiscous person walks up to the isle a few feet away. He was an male POC, bundled up from head to toe with a mask on, only his eyes showing. Didnt appear to be homeless, a druggie, or delinquent type.
                Shiite Muslim in drag???

Comment

Working...
                X