Video: Suspect shoots Queens speed camera multiple times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video: Suspect shoots Queens speed camera multiple times

HOWARD BEACH, Queens — Some people will do anything do avoid being caught speeding, but one suspect took it a step further: shooting multiple rounds at a Department of Transportation camera.

The suspect rode up to the speed camera, located at the intersection of 86th Street and 158th Avenue, on an electric bicycle about 3:18 a.m. Jan. 7, police said Wednesday.

The person then shot the camera multiple times; the shots were caught on video and released by the NYPD.

Police said no injuries were reported.

Submit tips to police by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477),
    HOWARD BEACH, Queens — Some people will do anything do avoid being caught speeding, but one suspect took it a step further: shooting multiple rounds at a Department of Transportation camera. The suspect rode up to the speed camera, located at the intersection of 86th Street and 158th Avenue, on an electric bicycle about 3:18 […]

That oughtta teach that dam camera!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post
      That oughtta teach that dam camera!!!
      Every shot a miss. So we have an unskilled, dangerous asshole firing haphazardly in a heavily populated part of queens.
      I'm hoping he gets hit by a bus.

Comment

Great marksmanship, 19 rounds and not even a hit. 9 roundsthe first time and 10 the second time.
        stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Cool video!
        He sucks at drawing though, and even worse at shooting. Maybe a new NYPD recruit? 😃
        Looks like he shot at the camera, then at the main box up higher the last few shots.
        These cameras have been bullet proof since the '90s when they were first installed.
        Yaphank Kid
        Shooting Instructor
        Last edited by Yaphank Kid; 01-14-2022, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I'm sure no one here ever fantasized of doing that, but maybe at 300 yards with a Tikka.
        Vitaman
        Range Rat
        Last edited by Vitaman; 01-14-2022, 08:36 AM.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
        Cool video!
        He sucks at drawing though, and even worse at shooting. Maybe a new NYPD recruit? 😃
        Looks like he shot at the camera, then at the main box up higher the last few shots.
        These cameras have been bullet proof since the '90s when they were first installed.
        he should have broke out the desert Eagle in 50AE!

Comment

I know that area well (well, at least I did)...went to grade school right near that sight (PS 207). Nice neighborhood. Once upon a time it was Gotti's hood. Haven't been around there in years.
          As far as I know, New Park Pizza and Lenny's Clam bar still there...

Comment

Probably the only thing he hit was a poor kid in a 3rd floor appartment. Reckless asshole.

Comment

looks like he needs more practice.

Comment

most of these idiot gangsta wanna bees couldnt hit the side of a barn....
                You cant cure stupid, only kill it......
                Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.....

Comment

Originally posted by SemiAutoFetish View Post
                  I know that area well (well, at least I did)...went to grade school right near that sight (PS 207). Nice neighborhood. Once upon a time it was Gotti's hood. Haven't been around there in years.
                  As far as I know, New Park Pizza and Lenny's Clam bar still there...
                  New Park Pizza is just about as good as it gets.

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by nyctpt View Post

New Park Pizza is just about as good as it gets.

Ryan
                  Not bad, but I usually found it underdone.
                  I'm tempted to start a "best pizza" thread

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post

HOWARD BEACH, Queens — Some people will do anything do avoid being caught speeding, but one suspect took it a step further: shooting multiple rounds at a Department of Transportation camera.

The suspect rode up to the speed camera, located at the intersection of 86th Street and 158th Avenue, on an electric bicycle about 3:18 a.m. Jan. 7, police said Wednesday.

The person then shot the camera multiple times; the shots were caught on video and released by the NYPD.

Police said no injuries were reported.

Submit tips to police by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477),
                    👏 play stupid games win stupid prize
                    ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
                    Citizen of Newyorkastan
                    Last edited by ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO; 01-14-2022, 10:02 AM.
                    A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

“The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restraints evil interference, they deserve a place of honor with all that is good -
                    George Washington

Comment

Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
                      Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Working...
                      X