Hicksville woman had nearly 400 bullets in bag at JFK security checkpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hicksville woman had nearly 400 bullets in bag at JFK security checkpoint

TSA: Hicksville woman had nearly 400 bullets in bag at JFK security checkpoint

May 12, 2022, 8:24pmUpdated 11h ago

By: News 12 Staff

A Hicksville woman was stopped at JFK Airport by TSA for allegedly having nearly 400 bullets in her bag.

The agency says she tried to carry the ammunition onto her flight Tuesday.

The Nassau County woman says it was an accident, and she grabbed the wrong bag when headed to the airport.

The woman is facing a federal civil penalty for bringing the bullets to the security checkpoint.
    The agency says she tried to carry the ammunition onto her flight Tuesday.
    Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

Oh my God, the travesty...a whopping 8 boxes of ammo!

I'm sure it was all stolen from her, never to be seen again
    Life Member:
    American Suppressor Association
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    National Rifle Association

Comment

• Crz_alt
      Crz_alt commented
      Editing a comment
      You are looking at this all wrong. I see a well off woman (8 boxes is something serious $$ these days) who enjoys shooting and travel. I’m wondering if she is single???

Guess it was over the TSA's 5 Kg limit?
    Steve

Comment

Figures that News 12 would pick this up. Have to keep up the anti gun brainwashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
        Oh my God, the travesty...a whopping 8 boxes of ammo!

I'm sure it was all stolen from her, never to be seen again
        Why do you take such a cavalier attitude? What if those 8 boxes of ammo conspired to takedown that airplane? Then what, Mr. “Whopping 8 boxes of ammo”?!

Comment

Think of what would happen if those bullets and suddenly gone off. Imagine if that caused the plane to crash into the hospital of orphans with cancer? That's why we need universal background checks.

Comment

Pro tip. Don’t store your ammo in the same type of bag you use to fly with.

Comment

She didn't notice the weight difference?
              5 -10 bullets that fell into the corners or pockets of the luggage could be overlooked.
              Give peace a chance, I'll cover you in case that doesn't work out.

LIBERALISM should be classified as a MENTAL DISORDER!

Comment

• bigbore44
                bigbore44 commented
                Editing a comment
                If it's 400rds of any normal cal center fire, then yeah, she should have noticed the weight for sure, But if it's less than a brick of.22, maybe not so much.

thats gotta weigh a decent amount...to make that mistake...pictures of the woman first..
              You cant cure stupid, only kill it......
              Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks25 View Post
                She didn't notice the weight difference?
                5 -10 bullets that fell into the corners or pockets of the luggage could be overlooked.
                My wife wouldn't, with the way she packs.. hahahahaha

Comment

How could you not notice that when going to an airport, one of the most restrictive places in the country. When I fly I check, double , and triple check everything in my bags just to avoid the nonsense of being pulled out for extended review. I got pulled aside because I had a plastic battery holder with AAA batteries in it. I wouldn't have imagined that would be a red flag but I knew it was there.
                  "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                  Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                  Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

• Patriot1965
                    Patriot1965 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    just one of the TSA idiots needed some batteries that day...

• Finicky Fat Guy
                    Finicky Fat Guy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    NOpe, they let me keep them when they saw what it was.

• SemiAutoFetish
                    SemiAutoFetish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dude...you've admitted numerous time on here you got OCD of course you check 20 times....but you're right. Might be more to this than just plain stupid?

Sooooo Scary !!!!!

Comment

Not nearly enough info to make any kind of call on this. Could be anything from a stupid mistake, to attempted terrorism.

Very thorough reporting by News 12, as usual (that part is sarcasm...)

Comment

I read this story from multiple sources and no name of the lady was released...a little bit strange...unless theres more to the story...and out of the 400 rounds, 200 were 9mm and confiscated, the other rifle and pistol rounds were not....so its ok to transport those but not pistol?? but 9mm can be claimed to be rifle rounds..Ruger PC comes to mind...
                      You cant cure stupid, only kill it......
                      Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.....

Comment

It's all bullshit. So the TSA / Square badges can claim they found something other than a ham sandwich, yippeeeee. Yeah, she made a mistake, and most likely would have never made it through without being detected, no matter what dolt was at the screen. Sounds like they confiscated enough to bring her down below the weight or rd count limit to travel?

Comment

Working...
                        X