Negligent Discharge, One Dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negligent Discharge, One Dead

The stupid is strong here. I was fifty feet away when it happened. I know all the people involved. I just can't believe how dumb this was. On Mother's Day a woman lost her kid.

Show Transcript

KEENE, N.H. — A man is facing manslaughter charges for shooting and killing his friend in what he said was an accident, police said.
    Adam Anderson, 25, is charged with manslaughter in connection with the death of Holden Guyette, 22. Guyette was shot Sunday in a home on Washington Street in Keene and later died.

Advertisement

Anderson pleaded not guilty Monday.
    "This is a horrible tragedy, but it was an accident," defense attorney Alex Parsons said.
    Anderson called 911 Sunday and reported that he had accidentally shot his friend in the chest, police said. The only witness was the victim's sister, who is also Anderson's girlfriend, police said.
    Parsons said there was no dispute, and no one had been drinking or doing drugs.
    "Adam did not believe the firearm to be loaded, and he certainly did not intend to shoot or harm anyone," Parson said.
    Prosecutors called the act reckless, saying Anderson told police that he aimed the gun at Guyette and pulled the trigger without checking to see if it was loaded.
    If Anderson is able to post bail, he must be electronically monitored and was ordered to not have any contact with the victim's family.

Sponsored Conten

Sponsored Content

I'll update it as the info is released.

Comment

That is just terrible. RIP.

Comment

You could do a checklist of gun safety rules as they're violated.

Assumed a gun was not loaded without checking.
        Pointed at something he wasn't ready to destroy.
        Finger on the trigger.

Comment

How do you "teach" safety without checking to see if the gun is loaded? Isn't that the first lesson?

Comment

Originally posted by wdeister08 View Post
            You could do a checklist of gun safety rules as they're violated.

Assumed a gun was not loaded without checking.
            Pointed at something he wasn't ready to destroy.
            Finger on the trigger.
            Keep them coming. Maybe we can save some other kid if we keep reviewing the basic rules of safety.

Comment

The hardest part for me is that I couldn't stop it from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
                How do you "teach" safety without checking to see if the gun is loaded? Isn't that the first lesson?
                You can't teach out stupid.
                Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

Keep them coming. Maybe we can save some other kid if we keep reviewing the basic rules of safety.
                  Okay.
                  Drum this into their thick skulls:

EVERY firearm is loaded at all times unless you have first checked that it is not
                  . Personally checked. Not my buddy told me. Not, I checked it 20 minutes ago. etc. At the moment you first put your hand on it.

A firearm is NOT a toy.
                  You want a toy? Get a water soaker or air soft or paintball gun

Never ever ever point a firearm loaded or not at anyone or anything you don't want shot.
                  There are no exceptions.

ALWAYS. As in fucking always, point a firearm in a safe direction only. That means never at people.

Always know what's down range of you.

Do not put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire.

The hardest part for me is that I couldn't stop it from happening.
                  Unless you're clairvoyant or have superpowers there's no way to stop someone that does something stupid like this.
                  By the time you see it it's too late.

Last edited by Aquabach; 05-15-2018, 10:39 AM.
                  Tag line thanks to @Synner

He’s like a walking “Tickle Me Angry” doll.

Comment

In these cases, what I don't understand is, and I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but what is going through the persons mind who is holding the gun? What makes them think that pointing a gun at a friend and pulling the trigger is a good idea? What is the point of it? I just don't get it. He killed his friend, his girlfriends brother. For what ? I just don't get it, stupidity aside.

I thought when I read the title it was going to be about an accident at a range. SMH.
                    Last edited by HyFiveGuns; 05-15-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HyFiveGuns View Post
                      In these cases, what I don't understand is, and I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but what is going through the persons mind who is holding the gun? What makes them think that pointing a gun at a friend and pulling the trigger is a good idea? What is the point of it? I just don't get it. He killed his friend, his girlfriends brother. For what ? I just don't get it, stupidity aside.

I thought when I read the title it was going to be about an accident at a range. SMH.
                      Cause he was trying to be cool. He picked it up, probably turned it sideways and went "What's up, bro?" *click* BANG. Sadly, the stupid didn't kill itself off. This time stupid got someone else.

I really don't understand how someone doesn't check a gun. If it's not yours, HOW do you not check it? If it is yours, HOW do you forget you loaded it to the point that you have the confidence to point it at someone and pull the trigger...?
                      Last edited by wdeister08; 05-15-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

We've had at least two customers walk out this year because we asked them to point guns safely, and keep their fingers off the trigger.

The stupid never ends.
                        LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post
                          We've had at least two customers walk out this year because we asked them to point guns safely, and keep their fingers off the trigger.

The stupid never ends.
                          I’m sorry you lost a potential sale but I’m glad they walked out. I hope they learned something from it.
                          NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                          NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                          Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

The stupid never ends.
                            Every gun a clerk has ever handed me, they've checked and then I've checked. It's a reflex. Doesn't even matter that .5 seconds before I watched you show clear. Honestly, my first time handling a gun was on a farm upstate and I was holding the gun upright fresh out of the cabinet and I must've muzzled my uncle by letting the gun tilt towards him. He and I knew it was unloaded, but he screamed at me so fast I thought I was about to get knocked out, I cramped my hand making sure I didn't do it again.

Comment

All 4 rules broken.
                              No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X