Negligent Discharge, One Dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wdeister08 View Post

Every gun a clerk has ever handed me, they've checked and then I've checked. It's a reflex. Doesn't even matter that .5 seconds before I watched you show clear. Honestly, my first time handling a gun was on a farm upstate and I was holding the gun upright fresh out of the cabinet and I must've muzzled my uncle by letting the gun tilt towards him. He and I knew it was unloaded, but he screamed at me so fast I thought I was about to get knocked out, I cramped my hand making sure I didn't do it again.
    It's a reflex. If someone passes me a gun with the action open and they have just checked it, I check to make sure the chamber is empty. It's a reflex.

Comment

The first rule I was taught ages ago was treat every firearm at all times as if it's loaded

Comment

This is the kid that was killed.

32418004_10214123538700871_2391293848878841856_n.jpg

Comment

Another preventable tragedy. Sorry you have been affected by this personally.
          A sunny day
          A shotgun and a Chevrolet
          Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

Originally posted by viper720 View Post
            Another preventable tragedy. Sorry you have been affected by this personally.
            It helps to share it with you guys.

Comment

Very sorry to hear about this. It just reinforces the safety rules that must always be applied every time no matter what.
              Prayers to the family!
              Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. Truly a tragic story.

Comment

very sorry to hear this. that is so sad two lives ruined because of a very stupid mistake
                  let's make america great again

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post

I’m sorry you lost a potential sale but I’m glad they walked out. I hope they learned something from it.
                    If they walked out, I doubt they learned anything.

Comment

Very sorry that this happened to someone close to you. Prayers inbound.

Comment

BTT just so that EVERYONE sees this thread. Most of these incidents are completely avoidable. The worst line in the article:

"Anderson told police that he aimed the gun at Guyette and pulled the trigger without checking to see if it was loaded."

No one should ever think that's okay. I think it has to be because the guy knew nothing about guns when he was given one, but maybe Spider can enlighten us.

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post
                          BTT just so that EVERYONE sees this thread. Most of these incidents are completely avoidable. The worst line in the article:

"Anderson told police that he aimed the gun at Guyette and pulled the trigger without checking to see if it was loaded."

No one should ever think that's okay. I think it has to be because the guy knew nothing about guns when he was given one, but maybe Spider can enlighten us.
                          I never saw either one of them at the range. 1000's of people would have given them countless hours of instruction for free. All they had to do was ask.

Comment

Originally posted by FUAC View Post

If they walked out, I doubt they learned anything.
                            Good point.
                            NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                            NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                            Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Originally posted by Range Time View Post

This. You can't teach someone who just did that. That is just inexcusable. Did he not think it was real? He was so sure it was unloaded to do something that taboo in gun safety (but you don't need gun safety to know that's messed up). Does he drink bottles labeled "poison" assuming otherwise? I don't know the real or other circumstances but the only time I hear/see that level of stupid with guns is when drinking or substances are involved, but the police report denies that was involved here.

Apparently the kid he shot was his gf''s brother and she was the only witness. Anyway a horrible tragedy.

Here's a tv news video on it, can't seem to embed it.
                              http://www.wmur.com/article/man-says...ident/20687933
                              Last edited by Destro; 05-15-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry you were affected by this.

Comment

Working...
                                X