See less

Negligent Discharge, One Dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for your loss Scott, equally senseless and tragic.

Teachable moment here:
    Something like this effects much more than the victim and the shooter. Family, friends, witnesses are often traumatized and carry the scar of the incident (beyond normal grieving). Hope you and those close to you are ok.

Comment

It's so sad. RIP.
      NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Sucks.
        No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Condolences
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

It's a reflex. If someone passes me a gun with the action open and they have just checked it, I check to make sure the chamber is empty. It's a reflex.
            first thing my father taught me. MAKE IT SAFE. Any time someone hands you a gun (rifle at the time) tell them make it safe. no matter what they say, if they do not MAKE IT SAFE, DO NOT TAKE IT. Ever.

It is a tragedy and could have been avoided. It makes me angry to think about that moment...

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
              The hardest part for me is that I couldn't stop it from happening.
              As many others have said, I am sorry you were present when this occurred. Unexpected tragedy is the hardest to comprehend. Hopefully many will learn from this situation.

Comment

terrible news

Comment

sorry you were there , and no you can not stop stupid , please do not hold yourself accountable in any way .
                  stupidity messed up more than that kid will ever know
                  be strong .

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post
                    We've had at least two customers walk out this year because we asked them to point guns safely, and keep their fingers off the trigger.

The stupid never ends.
                    Personally, I wouldn't want to sell any firearm to someone like that. Lost sale...maybe. regret of putting a firearm in some careless morons hand...NONE!

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Just awful.

Was the gun a semi auto with the magazine removed?
                      I know this is controversial, but I'm a huge believer in magazine safeties. The accidental shootings far outnumber any history of lives saved by firing a magazine-less pistol during a firefight.
                      Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

So sorry you had to experience this first hand, because of the way it happend safe to say the shooter was not well versed in firearm safety,,, this I blame on not teaching EVERY CHILD proper firearm safety,,we give them driving lessons ,teach them about vd, the list is long but they are indoctrinated at school that guns are taboo and nobody needs a gun, case in point we had a post recently about some dolt of a pol wanting to pass a law banning school gun clubs. you want to graduate high school pass this firearm safety test with a 100 nothing less

Comment

quick question what type of event was this. why was a loaded gun out in the open for this guy to grab it.

just wondering
                          let's make america great again

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
                            quick question what type of event was this. why was a loaded gun out in the open for this guy to grab it.

just wondering
                            It wasn't an event, it was a Sunday afternoon hanging out teaching his girlfriend's brother about gun safety. He broke every safety rule doing it and someone died. I don't think he knew much about guns or if he did, he hadn't had any real training.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post
                              Sorry to hear this. Just awful.

Was the gun a semi auto with the magazine removed?
                              I know this is controversial, but I'm a huge believer in magazine safeties. The accidental shootings far outnumber any history of lives saved by firing a magazine-less pistol during a firefight.
                              Look, we can all argue for better mechanical systems, but when it comes down to it, the failure here was rooted clearly in between the ears of the person behind the trigger.
                              Care to say we should all now have trigger locks too? Or a loaded chamber indicator? Who's to say that none of these were even there?

Comment

Originally posted by 100MPG View Post

It makes me angry to think about that moment...
                                First off, this is really important. There are five emotions, mad, sad, glad, fear and shame. It's important to acknowledge, accept and be conscious of the whole pallet of emotions and that our emotions can change from moment to moment. We call this emotional intelligence.

I feel sad about the loss and destruction of lives.

I also feel fear. I'm afraid that I'm capable of this kind of stupidity in a moment of brain farting. We are human and humans make mistakes. But that's why I drill the basics so much and so often, at work, at the range and especially when I'm driving, my dad was killed in a car accident. We drive a lot more than we shoot.

Comment

Working...
                                X