Mom who Shot Intruder in Child’s Bedroom Faces Court of Public Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom who Shot Intruder in Child’s Bedroom Faces Court of Public Opinion

A story we brought you yesterday on the 33-year-old Oregon mother who shot a home intruder in her daughter’s bedroom, is getting some traction today.

But not for reason you might think.

While the homeowner waits to hear from the District Attorney’s office if she’ll face charges for defending her 10-year-old daughter from the 59-year-old man standing in her room, she faces the court of public opinion.

Online comments on the story out of Portland range from “So glad she was able to protect herself and her children”, to “It would have been better if she would have left the house and called the police”.

In Oregon, under state statute 161.209, citizens have the right to defend themselves or another person from what they believe to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force.

I’d say a strange man standing in your 10-year-old’s bedroom in the middle of the night would fit that bill, wouldn’t you?

The 59-year-old man who had broken into her home was not known to the homeowner and as a mother myself, I can’t imagine that the first thought she would have had would be to have a conversation with him in her daughter’s bedroom on whether he needed therapy or a ham sandwich.

These keyboard jockeys can say whatever they want in the court of public opinion but until they stand in that mother’s shoes, it’s just ignorant jaw-jackin because they don’t know what they would do.
    In the court of public opinion, especially online, it's easy to become the judge and jury. But this mom faced a horror not many parents can imagine.

If he's not dead, ghen he should be, and it would be better for her as well.

Comment

Two to the body, one to the head...
      SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

That's a giraffe shot (to the face), all day, every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Russian View Post
          Two to the body, one to the head...
          Oh boy does that bring back memories....
          "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Whoever said it would have been better she left the house with a 59 y/o man in her daughters room should have their kids taken away!!
            I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
            I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
              Whoever said it would have been better she left the house with a 59 y/o man in her daughters room should have their kids taken away!!
              And sterilized so they can't breed more stupidity.
              SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Why would she face charges? Doesn't the Castle Doctrine give you immunity?

Comment

Originally posted by Llaara View Post
                  Why would she face charges? Doesn't the Castle Doctrine give you immunity?
                  That's so cute you believe that.
                  I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                  I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

That's so cute you believe that.
                    Actually in most states it does once the investigation concludes by the LEO.

In NY.... automatic grand jury hearing regardless of circumstances.

Comment

I can't imagine what evidence could exist that would make a DA give pause to consider bringing charges against her for defending her child in her own home.. Un-fucking believable!

Comment

bag of lime.png

Comment

Working...
                        X