Bomb Robot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomb Robot

Looks like the cops used a bomb disposal robot with an explosive to kill the piece of garbage.

This is the first time law enforcement has used a robot to (very justifiably) kill someone?

Putting Dallas aside what are your thoughts on law enforcement using robots?

Do they offer potential life saving opportunities in tense situations or are we worried that they will be used more frequently as officers danger is mitigated (think drones) or something else?

Discuss

I say give law enforcement whatever they need to stay safe and get rid of people like this guy.

Robots are great, especially if there's a bomb threat, surveillance, etc.
    “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

So.... 1 terrorist scum dead = no more chances for him to kill LEOs & others.

Good use of Terminator, IMHO
      If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...

Comment

Drones and robots keep the good guy alive, I am all for them. Kill the bad guy in the most efficient way that will not put the good guys in harms way

Comment

Today, I'm not too worried about bomb detonating robots that kill the bad guys.
          Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Comment

Boom motherfucker.
            "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Is there a collection being taken to buy them a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
                Is there a collection being taken to buy them a new one?
                Leave it to Donal Trump.

Give a man fire, and he stays warm for one night. Set a man on fire, and he stays warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

anything that saves lives is fine with me.
                  i just hope terrorist do not get that technology
                  let's make america great again

Comment

The mutt could of had explosives, maybe a dead mans switch. To bad if anyone is in shock over the way they neutralized him.

Comment

Originally posted by Havfun View Post
                      anything that saves lives is fine with me.
                      i just hope terrorist do not get that technology
                      Anything the good guys have, the bad guys eventually get. it's sad, but a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post

Anything the good guys have, the bad guys eventually get. it's sad, but a fact.
                        Anybody can put an IED with a go pro on a R/C toy, so its already out there. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEDVY&P=0
                        Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

This is a very good use of technology IMHO. This has saved the people a ton of money and angst in legal fees and bullshit.

Do I smell a LIGC group buy in our future??
                          Last edited by Jambo; 07-09-2016, 09:45 PM.
                          NRA Member, NYSRPA Member
                          NY, NH, PA, Utah, Florida, Connecticut CCW

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I like the exploding device idea better but this should be in the trunk of every RMP....just sayin'
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Never send a police officer where a bullet or an exploding robot will go.
                              Whos ever idea that was, kudos.
                              "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction" R.R.

Comment

Working...
                              X