Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does patience wearing thin in our "boys in blue"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does patience wearing thin in our "boys in blue"?

It is hard job to be a LEO, if it would be easy, everyone would do it. But at some point, if you have a litchi trigger finger or your nerves getting over your training it might be the time to re-evaluate your employment choices. I understand, with all those latest cops shooting, people are getting jumpy. Maybe now it is the time to exercise best possible training and stay cool. Shit like this unacceptable. I don't care about race factor, I do care about outcome. Cant stay cool- get out of the force. It is not a draft.

http://wsvn.com/news/local/video-sho...t-unarmed-man/

NORTH MIAMI, FLA. (WSVN) - A therapist who works with people with disabilities is telling his story after he said police shot him while he was trying to help his patient with autism.

Cellphone video was released Wednesday afternoon showing Charles Kinsey lying on the ground with his hands in the air, telling officers that weapons are not necessary. “When I went to the ground, I’m going to the ground just like this here with my hands up,” Kinsey said, “and I am laying down here just like this, and I’m telling them again, ‘Sir, there is no need for firearms. I’m unarmed, he’s an autistic guy. He got a toy truck in his hand.”

In his hospital bed, Kinsey said, he was attempting to calm an autistic patient who ran away from a group home. Kinsey could be heard in the video saying, “All he has is a toy truck. A toy truck. I am a behavior therapist at a group home.”

He is also heard asking his patient to calm down. “Rinaldo, please be still, Rinaldo. Sit down, Rinaldo. Lay on your stomach.”

The ordeal went on for a few minutes before Kinsey said one of the officers shot him. “I’m like this right here, and when he shot me, it was so surprising,” Kinsey said. “It was like a mosquito bite, and when it hit me, I’m like, ‘I still got my hands in the air, and I said, ‘No I just got shot! And I’m saying, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me, he said, ‘I don’t know.'”

North Miami Police said the incident began, Monday, when someone called 911 and said there was a man walking around with a gun threatening suicide. Kinsey said the man was his patient and the alleged gun was a toy truck, which he said was clearly visible to police. “I was really more worried about him than myself. I was thinking as long as I have my hands up … they’re not going to shoot me. This is what I’m thinking, they’re not going to shoot me. Wow, was I wrong.”

Kinsey was then shot in the leg. The shooting was not captured on camera but Kinsey said he had his hands up the entire time.

The therapist said police then rushed him, patted him down and put him in handcuffs. Kinsey said what police did after the shooting is what upsets him the most. “They flipped me over, and I’m faced down in the ground, with cuffs on, waiting on the rescue squad to come. I’d say about 20, about 20 minutes it took the rescue squad to get there. And I was like, bleeding — I mean bleeding and I was like, ‘Wow.'”

Despite everything that’s happened, Kinsey is happy to be alive. Standing by his bedside, his wife said, “Right now, I am just grateful that he is alive, and he is able to tell his story.”

Kinsey only wants to help people and is perplexed as to why officers fired. “My life flashed in front of me,” he said. “When he hit me, my first thing I’m thinking, I’m thinking about my family.”

Around 6 p.m. Wednesday, a group called the Circle of Brotherhood stood outside the North Miami Police Department, requesting that police answer questions about what happened and if the officer responsible for shooting will face charges.

The organization, which Kinsey is a part, of works to solve problems in the community.

Kinsey’s lawyer, Hilton Napoleon, is outraged. “There’s no justification for shooting an unarmed person who’s talking to you and telling you that they don’t have a gun, and that they’re a mental health counselor,” Napoleon said.

North Miami Police have not released the officer’s name or an update on their investigation. However, they did say that the State Attorney is now involved with the investigation.

Copyright 2016 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Mistakes happen, shit happens, I'll wait for a full investigation before I draw any conclusions. It's not like cops are sniping people from rooftops. BTW, I'm not affiliated with any LEO group.
    NRA Life member

Always looking for lead
    Wheel weights. lino type, ect
    PM me if you have or find some

Comment

Patience wearing thin? The liberals are counting on it!
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Sniping people from rooftops require determination and calculating actions. That incident smells, for me, like jitters, fear and thin nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
          Patience wearing thin? The liberals are counting on it!
          Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. We need to have the best people in the PDs, not a nervous wrecks.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. We need to have the best people in the PDs, not a nervous wrecks.
            i'm sure you've noticed the anti-police behavior of our current administration. It's intentional. The liberals are pushing for a national police force. What better way than by encouraging the attacks on police and treating the attackers as victims? Then the gov't goes out of their way to demonize the police (just like they do with the BorderPatrol). Discourage and defame.

Comment

Sniping people from rooftops require determination and calculating actions.
              You forgot to add evil intent.

NRA Life member

Always looking for lead
              Wheel weights. lino type, ect
              PM me if you have or find some

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

i'm sure you've noticed the anti-police behavior of our current administration. It's intentional. The liberals are pushing for a national police force. What better way than by encouraging the attacks on police and treating the attackers as victims? Then the gov't goes out of their way to demonize the police (just like they do with the BorderPatrol). Discourage and defame.
                I agree. That was my point. Some officers do not help to preserve that equilibrium. Luck of training or luck of patience. This is an actions of individual, not a politicians. LEO and every gun owner ultimately responsible for each and every pull of trigger.

Comment

Only example I have is if every day before you walked into work, at the door was a revolver with one round loaded. As employees open that door to go into work, a mechanism would pull the trigger. So after a few days, you're still alive to go to work but you know some of your colleagues are not bc it wasn't there day to be lucky. Now after witnessing that for several days or weeks, any chance you would feel differently about going to work? Each day you walk through that door, you're going to be thinking about if it's your day to be lucky or not. You can't take sick days and you can't no show up for work.......how would you feel.

The shit that is being fed through this country right probably makes LEO's feel the same way........some say they signed up for it. I agree to the extent that they signed up for the profession to protect and serve and with it comes the risk of death which typically comes serving & protecting the masses. That said, they signed up for that, THEY DID NOT SIGN UP TO BE FUCKING HUNTED.

IMHO - they have every right to be a bit hesitant when in a life or death situation.
                  The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

I agree. That was my point. Some officers do not help to preserve that equilibrium. Luck of training or luck of patience. This is an actions of individual, not a politicians. LEO and every gun owner ultimately responsible for each and every pull of trigger.
                    Yes. We're all human and thus imperfect. But the government has intentionally and exponentially ramped up the pressure on the police, thus increasing the chances of error. The police are no less qualified or less well trained than before. It's just the odds have changed as well as the rules. All of which are against the police having what used to be a normal shift at work.

Comment

When an officer arrives on scene and says"Police don't move usually means police don't move". Take into account all contact police have with people and the number on incidents and you will see it is an extremely low amount of people who get shot and the far far majority of those times it is justified. Can't weed people out with tests they are not foolproof sometimes when shit hits the fan that is the first time people officers are truly tested. Unfortunately at times it is too late.

Comment

This is just gets better and better. Apparently, officer was aiming at autistic kid. I have less and less good things to say about this officer.

Comment

I am not justifying the shooting of a man laying on the ground with his hands in the air. But before everyone bashes this guy, he deserves due process, and an investigation, like anyone else. The only facts are a call came in with a man with a gun, and on arrival there is a guy with his hands up and an autistic guy with a toy truck in his hand, having a tantrum. Yes, it's easy to second guess, but maybe at the angle he had the toy looked liked a handgun? It is horrible that an innocent person got shot, it could have been worse. Agree, or disagree, every cop in this country has some jitters. Some might have none, but as was posted, they are being hunted. I think the officer deserves the benefit of the doubt until a fair investigation is completed.
                          NRA Benefactor Life
                          NRA Instructor & RSO
                          NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

The news anchor in the black outfit is hot!!!!

Comment

Let's for a moment assume the worst. That the LEO was 100% in the wrong. (I'm not saying he is or isn't.)
                              What purpose does it serve to have this all over the news media? It won't make sure it can't happen again with someone else. And it won't guarantee those who would see the
                              officer hang get their way.

I'll tell you why the liberal media wants this story all over the place. It isn't about justice, poor training or emotionally unfit police personnel.
                              It's about demonizing all local police by the alleged actions of one individual. The liberals want a nationalized police force and they will harp on each incident as if it proves their point.

This is no different than how they are waging their war against the Second Amendment.

Comment

Working...
                              X