Violent Protests in Milwaukee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violent Protests in Milwaukee

After police shot and killed an armed man (who threatened officers). Glad to see these people supporting violent repeat offenders...as usual. Anyone find it strange that in every city there are these supposed "racial problems"? The fucknuts rioting and shit appear to have one wish (aside from dead cops) - the ability to commit crime with impunity.

MILWAUKEE - A crowd of protesters skirmished with police Saturday night in a Milwaukee neighborhood where an officer shot and killed a man after a traffic stop and foot chase earlier in the day, setting fire to a police car and torching a gas station. One officer was hurt by a thrown brick.

Police said the 23-year-old man was armed with a handgun. Mayor Tom Barrett said the officer ordered the suspect to drop the weapon, but he refused. The officer then shot the suspect twice, Barrett said, adding that the officer was wearing a body camera.

Assistant Chief Bill Jessup told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that it wasn't immediately clear whether the man had pointed a gun or fired at the officer. They described the man as a suspect, but didn't say what led to the traffic stop.

The races of the man and the officer weren't immediately released.

Police with shields and helmets moved slowly into an intersection after 11 p.m., telling a crowd of about 50 people to disperse. Protesters threw rocks and other debris at police, who held up their shields. At least two bus shelters had been thrown into the street, with their glass shattered.

Protesters also began throwing objects at a business a half-block from the intersection. A nearby traffic light was bent over.

Police tweeted that shots had been fired and at least arrests were made. It was at least the second confrontation at the intersection, following an earlier standoff involving more than 100 people pushing against 20 to 30 officers. Officers got in their cars to leave at one point and some in the crowd started smashing a squad car's windows. Another police car was set on fire. The newspaper also reported that one of its reporters was shoved to the ground and punched.

The Police Department tweeted that one officer was taken to a hospital after he was struck by a brick thrown through his squad car window. Police also tweeted that a gas station had been set on fire. Firefighters initially couldn't extinguish the blaze because gunshots were being fired, but they had started fighting the fire by midnight local time, authorities said.

A bank on Milwaukee's north side was also set ablaze. Smoke could be seen billowing from The BMO Harris branch a few blocks away from the intersection where as many as 100 protesters skirmished with police earlier Saturday evening. It was at least the fourth building to burn, following a BP gas station, an O'Reilly Auto Parts store and a beauty supply store. Footage from a news helicopter also appeared to show a small grocery store had been looted.

At a news conference, Barrett urged parents of anyone at scene of unrest to "get them home right now."

The shooting that sparked the tensions occurred about 3:30 p.m. after officers stopped a car with two people inside.

Police Capt. Mark Stanmeyer said in a news release that the two people in the car got out and ran and that the officers chased them. He said a man who was one of the people fleeing was armed with a handgun and was shot by an officer during the pursuit. He said the man died at the scene.

The man's name wasn't immediately released. Stanmeyer said he had an arrest record, and that the handgun he carried had been stolen in a March burglary in suburban Waukesha. The gun held 23 rounds of ammunition, Barrett said.

The 24-year-old officer who shot the man has been placed on administrative duty. The officer's name wasn't immediately released. He has been with the Milwaukee department six years, three as an officer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-s...olent-protest/
    “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Destroy your city to avenge a criminal who was shot by police. Smart

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post
      Isn't that the usual MO? Probably because police don't generally shoot innocent/non-violent people. The imbeciles staging this crap try to act like police actively seek out and shoot minorities for no reason. It's bullshit. And it's supported by the Justice Department and current Administration.
      “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

These people are complete idiots.

Comment

Just more proof that the entitlement has nothing to do with truth or reality. There was a cop killed in NM, have the other cops taken to the streets and started burning buildings and cars?
          The calls for peace are bullshit, there needs to be accountability for criminal behavior, not tolerance. Instead of town hall meetings, lock up 2000 rioters.

Comment

Any one have the kindergarten graduation photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post
              And they should let it burn.

I have to travel to a real crappy section of Queens for work from time to time. I know a few cops and fire department guys down there. The FD guys told me that when a fire breaks out as the FD is responding the animals in the streets throw bottles and cans and garbage at the trucks.

Hey assholes, they're on their way to save YOUR neighborhood, friend, mama, or whatever and you slow them down by throwing things at them?

If I were those FD guys, I'd finish my sandwich and coke before I headed out to respond if it was an unoccupied building or storefront. You have such disdain for those who help you? Ok.... You got it.

NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
              NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

The race baiting from the left is what's causing this. In order to win elections they continuously push the "us versus them" mentality. Every time a black thug is killed they start to agitate. It's sad really for the poor blacks stuck in the same rat maze the leftists have dropped them into for years.

edit: https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/sta...63330980511745

watch this video, group of blacks shout "they white, get they ass"
                Last edited by snowblind; 08-14-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post

And they should let it burn.

The FD guys told me that when a fire breaks out as the FD is responding the animals in the streets throw bottles and cans and garbage at the trucks.

Anyone remember uptown in the 70's?
                  Standing order was "let it burn".
                  My buddy - a couple of you know him - used to carry his Garand in his radio car for when they were shooting at cops from a window and ducking down below it. True story.

Comment

This administration has ripped apart the fabric of our nation! Their race bating and divisive rhetoric have set-back race relations 50 years. I laugh when I hear the democrap talking heads disparage Trump on the news as the most divisive and unfit candidate ever. Then I cry when I hear that the most corrupt and proven liar to run for president is leading him in the polls.

Comment

if the blm movement started killing rich white folks it would be exterminated so fast it would make your head spin

Comment

Originally posted by John Dee View Post
                        This administration has ripped apart the fabric of our nation! Their race bating and divisive rhetoric have set-back race relations 50 years. I laugh when I hear the democrap talking heads disparage Trump on the news as the most divisive and unfit candidate ever. Then I cry when I hear that the most corrupt and proven liar to run for president is leading him in the polls.
                        I wish I can like that post 100x + !!!!!!!! So true.

Comment

when u think the dindus can't sink any lower.....

Comment

Protecting criminals....one riot at a time...

America's ten most dangerous cities—as measured by federal crime statistics—have one highly notable feature in common: All are led politically by Democratic mayors. Most, in fact, have been controlled by Democrats for a very long time. For example, Detroit, which in 2015 ranked as the nation's most dangerous city, has not had a Republican mayor since 1961. The second most dangerous city in 2015 was Oakland, California, a Democrat stronghold since 1977. Third was Memphis, in Democratic hands since 1991. Fourth was St. Louis, which has been led exclusively by Democratic mayors since 1949. Fifth was Cleveland, where no Republican has been mayor since 1989. Sixth was Baltimore, Democrat-led since 1967. Seventh was Milwaukee, which has elected only Democratic mayors since 1908. Eighth was Birmingham, which has been Democrat-run since 1975. Ninth was Newark, a Democrat bastion since 1933. And tenth was Kansas City, Missouri, which has not seen a Republican mayor in a quarter-century.
                            "Gun Control is a job-safety program for criminals" --- John Lott
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            NRA Life Member
                            USAF Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
                              Any one have the kindergarten graduation photo?
                              Probably the same picture on his drivers license, both happened the same year.

Comment

Working...
                              X