Need a New Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a New Grill

I usually buy on the low end and replace every 3-5 years. I am not good at maintenance and it will stay out all winter. For years i have used Char-Broil but they seem to be getting flimsier and flimsier each year. I came across this combo and wonder if anyone has ever used one. I have never smoked but would like to try. I don't prepare gourmet meals on my grill, just burgers, steak etc.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Gri...3070/302624342

I have always been a fan of the basic weber kettle grill. It’s cheap and I cook some awesome food on it.

I don’t care what anyone says. Gas barbecues are for the birds!
    The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

my wife thinks charcoal is unhealthy but of course it tastes better, thats why i liked this combo where i could cook both at the same time.

Comment

We leave our Weber propane grill outside 24/7/365. No cover. The only problems I had was a couple of corroded bolts that should have been stainless and I replaced the starter. 10 warranty covered new burners.
        Buy once cry once.
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

I've never liked the combo grills. I keep a separate Weber kettle just for charcoal.

For gas, I usually recommend a Weber, but lately I've been impressed by a more affordable option. Home Depot sells a Nexgrill 4 burner, full stainless steel grill for $269. Link. My parents have had one for a few years now, and it's lasted outside just as well as their Weber. Cooks just as well too. I bought one this year and haven't been disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
            I have always been a fan of the basic weber kettle grill. It’s cheap and I cook some awesome food on it.

I don’t care what anyone says. Gas barbecues are for the birds!
            A gas grill heats up in 5 minutes and cools down while you're eating. Much better for daily use.
            No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Comment

Ive had a Weber Spirit going on 5 years now. Spends 90% od its life outside covered and Its held up well.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

A gas grill heats up in 5 minutes and cools down while you're eating. Much better for daily use.
                It's a trade off. By that logic you can just as easily use a cast iron grill pan on the stove top.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
                  I usually buy on the low end and replace every 3-5 years. I am not good at maintenance and it will stay out all winter. For years i have used Char-Broil but they seem to be getting flimsier and flimsier each year. I came across this combo and wonder if anyone has ever used one. I have never smoked but would like to try. I don't prepare gourmet meals on my grill, just burgers, steak etc.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Gri...3070/302624342
                  FYI, that grill is painted. There is no coating on it. Very short life

Comment

Have you considered a Blackstone Griddle? I rarely use my Weber Summit anymore.

Comment

One day I'll invest in a Weber . Your right about the charbroils . They now last maybe 5 years max but the burners will last 3 if your lucky . Replaced mine just before the 3 year warranty ran out . None are made out of heavy cast anymore and the firebox just rot through .

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post

It's a trade off. By that logic you can just as easily use a cast iron grill pan on the stove top.
                        But even the cast iron skillet makes a better steak then a gas grill

The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

I have no problem waiting a few extra minutes for the coals to ash over.

Comment

Originally posted by P Martin View Post

FYI, that grill is painted. There is no coating on it. Very short life
                            thanks for that

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfan1616 View Post
                              I've never liked the combo grills. I keep a separate Weber kettle just for charcoal.

For gas, I usually recommend a Weber, but lately I've been impressed by a more affordable option. Home Depot sells a Nexgrill 4 burner, full stainless steel grill for $269. Link. My parents have had one for a few years now, and it's lasted outside just as well as their Weber. Cooks just as well too. I bought one this year and haven't been disappointed.
                              i have seen good reviews of Nexgrill but have never heard of them [not that i was looking anyway]

Comment

Working...
                              X