X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by lynyrd View Post
      For the Win !!

Unless they’re turkey dogs...won’t do turkey dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricekila View Post
        Boston Market --
        11:AM --

Chinese for lunch ?

Zero will power - LOL
        NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

I ate brussel sprouts like popcorn until I was around 20. Looked down at a plate of them one day and they skeeved me big time, haven’t eaten on since.
          My wife loves them but whenever she cooks them the smell puts me over the top...weird.
          Baked with a little sugar and chili spice - also good.
          My wife just said to me “should we bake the brussels with pecans instead?”
          Concearned, I immediately talked her down... “Whoa whoa whoa..... let’s not risk it darling... The pine nuts are calling!”
          NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

[QUOTE=warmnfuzzy;n383624]
            Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Not trying to downgrade anyone's loss of family time , but I think civil servants for the most part are well compensated now a days . We all have our cross to bear weather it be in the private or public sector .

Happy Thanksgiving
            Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

I think it's all relative. Everybody had a chance to be a civil servant, it's just a test. As far as the civil servants that miss holidays like we're talking about; there's usually some danger involved (police/fire/military). So, along with missing a high percentage of special family events, the danger factor, working in the cold and heat, etc.,etc. etc., most people decide that it's not for them.
            Then there's those that decided that the money, pension and benefits were worth the danger factor, lost holidays and lost family time.
            It's just a personal decision - or one some were just born into .
            No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by sheeple View Post
              Cranberry from a can.
              My wife loves that stuff. EEEEWWWWW!

Comment

I usually have hot dogs for Thanksgiving.

This year I had some kind of fish stick things.
                John Valuk is dead. He fell on his head.

Comment

For years, I would boil the turkey carcass for hours until it fell apart,then painstakingly pick out all of the bones, add tons of veggies & herbs and make turkey soup which I would sell in my store. The family shrunk and I no longer have the store,so no more turkey soup.
                  There is a time for every purpose under heaven.
                  Last edited by Vitaman; 11-23-2018, 08:48 AM.
                  "If you know how many guns you own,”you don’t have enough guns.”

"What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt."

Comment

I ate an awful lot and got the turkey coma. Did not have even a sip of alcohol and was just about deadto the world for hours, did not sleep much but laid there in a catatonic state more or less in a daze.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
                      For years, I would boil the turkey carcass for hours until it fell apart,then painstakingly pick out all of the bones, add tons of veggies & herbs and make turkey soup which I would sell in my store. The family shrunk and I no longer have the store,so no more turkey soup.
                      There is a time for every purpose under heaven.
                      no soup for you !

Comment

Originally posted by Bklynshooter View Post

Same exact menu in our house but manicotti comes after antipasto then turkey and the rest of it. Probably in all Italian households. She made the stuffed artichokes yesterday. Just give me the antipasto and the bread and i'm happy.
                        Lol yup.....but holy crap, I'm trapped in a small er room after eating artichokes. These poor nurses have no idea what's going on.

Comment

Working...
                        X