Ralphies Food Truck - Plainview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ralphies Food Truck - Plainview

Figured I would share about Ralphies food truck since I've worked nearby for a bit and have been going there frequently. Good guy with good food and much more than anyone would expect off a truck. Located right on the service rd to the LIE adjacent to Ski Stop (Sun & Ski) /PC Richard (I believe that's exit 48 Eastbound but easier to get off at 46 - Sunnyside Blvd and stay on Service Rd) His truck is in front of the fabric mill. I believe is son is a Marine.

Truck looks like a your typical roadside hot dog truck, yet I have seen people order everything but hot dogs there! He has a standard menu that is available daily that consists of Sausage and Peppers (Ask for a half hot and half sweet - He's got a special name for it), 1/2 lb burger, Steak Hero with onions and mozzarella, Grilled chicken hero, hot dog/knish, 8oz ahi tuna steak BLT on onion roll with Wasabi mayo. Then he has his daily specials that include swordfish steaks, lobster rolls, crab cake sandwiches, chorizo sandwich, Kielbasa, frittata's etc. he Renegade wrap when available is very good (Steak, chicken, & chorizo with cheese in a wrap).Today for example is Sliced Turkey melt on garlic hero with bacon; kansas city pork hero, jumbo lump crab cake, octopus salad, etc. He also does breakfast but haven't tried that yet. Has something called a FRONUT which is a monster glazed donut made as french toast and throw some eggs etc on it. Sounds like a heart attack on a plate but probably amazing.

Regulars slap their decals on one of his windows. As you can guess, many truckers, union guys, etc but noticed a great sticker recently from none other than 782 so I know someone else on here must have tried it or maybe Doug himself??

In any event, if you're traveling East on the LIE in the Plainview area and it just so happens to be a quarter to hungry O'clock, don't hesitate to try it and don't mind the wait. CASH ONLY BTW!!! It's pretty good. The Renegade wrap when available is very good (Steak chicken chorizo with cheese in a wrap).

FYI - he also caters. Ask him for the catering menu and to be put on his email list to get the daily menu!

The half and half with two fried eggs at Ralphie's is Da Bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Karpteach View Post
      The half and half with two fried eggs at Ralphie's is Da Bomb.
      You talking about the Obama (Half hot half sweet)? Never had eggs with S&P

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

You talking about the Obama (Half hot half sweet)? Never had eggs with S&P
        You gotta try it. I refuse to call it the Obama. I like the half and half.

Comment

Ha! I've never been there but I love hearing about sticker sightings. I've even received photo evidence of some.
          Thanks for the review and heads up. Sounds like it is worth checking out for sure!
          [email protected]
          1545 A2 Ocean Ave
          Bohemia, NY 11716

631-468-8116

Comment

Working...
          X