Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Menu @ Jen's Chinese in Massapequa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Menu @ Jen's Chinese in Massapequa

    On the train home one of my friends raved about a new menu at Jen's Chinese in Massapequa/Seaford (in the shopping enter on the NW corner of 107 & Jerusalem. I was out for a walk and got hungry so I stopped in. They have the old menu but have added a second, called MuGu. Supposedly farm to table, lighter, healthier. I had flank steak with veggies and it was very, very good. Lot's of crisp veggies, a light sauce, flavorful. Healthier or not, it was very good and worth a try. The egg roll, though, was meh. Not as good as Chow's.
    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
    Tucker Max

    Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
    Finicky Fat Guy

    #2
    Just great, now you have me thinking about Chinese food again. It's one of my(many)fav's/weaknesses etc. A good eggroll is my top priority, and absolutely hate when they are full of oil from sitting in the fryer too long because the temp is too low to cook them fast enough.

    Where is "Chow's"?

    Comment


      #3
      mods please merge with cat declawing thread

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post
        mods please merge with cat declawing thread
        and silencer thread
        Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

        Comment


          #5
          Farm to table at a Chinese restaurant? So ‘Pequa Pigeon and feral cat are back on the menu!?!?!?

          WHOOO HOOO!

          No more frozen Calico cat for this guy!

          😋
          NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
          NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
          Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

          Comment


            #6
            I think most of the ones by me are direct kennel-to-table.

            No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

            Regards,
            Chris

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
              Just great, now you have me thinking about Chinese food again. It's one of my(many)fav's/weaknesses etc. A good eggroll is my top priority, and absolutely hate when they are full of oil from sitting in the fryer too long because the temp is too low to cook them fast enough.

              Where is "Chow's"?
              It's next to the CVS north of the train station just off Broadway. Owned by a former Marine who used to ride the train every day. Yes, my world seems to revolve around who I know from the train.
              "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
              Tucker Max

              Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
              Finicky Fat Guy

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

                It's next to the CVS north of the train station just off Broadway. Owned by a former Marine who used to ride the train every day. Yes, my world seems to revolve around who I know from the train.
                First post at 10:47PM - I am disappointed I didn't see a second post from you at around midnight indicating what you ordered when you went back when you were hungry again.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

                  Owned by a former Marine.
                  Cats cooked in Crayons- not the best advertisement I've seen in my life

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

                    First post at 10:47PM - I am disappointed I didn't see a second post from you at around midnight indicating what you ordered when you went back when you were hungry again.
                    I was sound asleep at midnight. If I was hungry I wasn't aware.
                    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                    Tucker Max

                    Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                    Finicky Fat Guy

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Russian View Post

                      Cats cooked in Crayons- not the best advertisement I've seen in my life

                      ......and this coming from a guy who's from a place only known for vodka, a peasant's rifle, an uneducated military and no toilet paper.....



                      No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

                      - U.S. Marines

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post


                        ......and this coming from a guy who's from a place only known for vodka, a peasant's rifle, an uneducated military and no toilet paper.....


                        And uses shop rags instead of socks.
                        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post


                          ......and this coming from a guy who's from a place only known for vodka, a peasant's rifle, an uneducated military and no toilet paper.....


                          I heard they like to crap in each other's shoes.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Oh heaven, all those insults coming from branch of military that won 0 wars in it history and always dollar short and day late to every fight ever. Oh no, what we going to do...

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Russian View Post
                              Oh heaven, all those insults coming from branch of military that won 0 wars in it history and always dollar short and day late to every fight ever. Oh no, what we going to do...
                              .......Huh? That statement was so ignorant and untrue, I failed to see any humor or insult in it. If you want to make a joke or insult somebody, there has to be some sort of fact in there to make it funny/insulting - like saying that Russians are uneducated drunks with extremely low IQ's, or that Asians have a hard time driving, or that Russians wipe their ass with their hands to save on toilet paper, or that Russians have murdered more people on this earth than just about every other nation combined - somewhat true stuff like that.

                              Get it?
                              To say the "branch of military that won 0 wars" is, I guess, true. I don't know if the Marine Corps ever won a declared war all by itself without the other branches.....but that's not really an insult.
                              "A dollar short" is also correct, as the Marine Corps budget is very low and they often have to improvise, adapt and overcome with what they have. Not really funny or insulting.
                              "...and day late to every fight ever" kinda' shows your ignorance to the topic you started.

                              Try again, but this time using some of the humor, or at least fact-based insults that I just taught you.
                              No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

                              - U.S. Marines

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X