Anybody smoking some meat this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody smoking some meat this weekend?

Decided to to throw a big ass pork loin and a brisket on last minute. Gonna make for a tasty dinner.

image.jpeg
    Attached Files
    Pat ------> NRA Lifetime Endowment Member #FAAFO

What smoker are you using?

Comment

A Browning private label Camp Chef pellet smoker. I got it in November and am hooked. Looking for a bigger stick burner now. image.jpeg

Comment

Enjoy! I just scored some on-sale London broil, which I'm going to give a modified off-the-shelf rub treatment to, and smoke it up tomorrow, with perogies on the side(because I have a freezer full of them!).

ETA: burning it old school, single chamber Brinkmann style, probably hickory or apple.

Comment

PM your address and time for dinner. See you soon.

I need to get a dedicated smoker. I have a Lowes Big Green Egg knockoff which works, but takes a lot of messing around with to maintain temps (lots of air leaks). Nothing better then some smoked food.
          Brandon

NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Hey Pat, what kind of rub you using? I used McCormick off the shelf last weekend and wasn't to happy. I think that the rub makes the meat. The ribs and tri-tip was tender as hell, the flavor was just ok!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post
              Decided to to throw a big ass pork loin and a brisket on last minute. Gonna make for a tasty dinner.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n44497[/ATTACH]
              Be Careful!
              Josh (from Karp's) knows your address and he is not below sneaking in to your home and leaving a cold beer behind and "borrowing" some BBQ pork. Please don't shoot him, he can't help himself.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport,

Comment

I'm just learning how to smoke. I've done some ribs that have come out pretty good (according to the wife & 4 kids)

I'd love to make a Pastrami...but I've never even done a brisket either....and all I have is a Gold Weber kettle grill.
                If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

Be Careful!
                  Josh (from Karp's) knows your address and he is not below sneaking in to your home and leaving a cold beer behind and "borrowing" some BBQ pork. Please don't shoot him, he can't help himself.
                  Let me know if he needs a getaway driver.
                  Brandon

NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

going to just do steaks tonight & tomorrow, steaks, burgers, sausage & brats....for starters...

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n44497[/ATTACH]
                      How about some tips...for a noob smoker...on doing the brisket?

Comment

Originally posted by Karpteach View Post
                        Hey Pat, what kind of rub you using? I used McCormick off the shelf last weekend and wasn't to happy. I think that the rub makes the meat. The ribs and tri-tip was tender as hell, the flavor was just ok!!!
                        I used Pappys on the brisket and tried McCormicks Applewood Rub for the first time on the pork.

I bought red cap Pappys and its way too salty for ribs and brisket. It's perfect to use on pulled pork where it's not as concentrated.

Comment

image.jpeg
                          Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post

Be Careful!
                          Tell him not to even stop for beer. I got that covered

Comment

Originally posted by Tonto View Post
                            I'm just learning how to smoke. I've done some ribs that have come out pretty good (according to the wife & 4 kids)

I'd love to make a Pastrami...but I've never even done a brisket either....and all I have is a Gold Weber kettle grill.
                            Check out www.Smokenator.com it will turn your weber kettle into a smoker

Comment

Originally posted by Tonto View Post

How about some tips...for a noob smoker...on doing the brisket?
                              I'm a newb myself, so don't know if I can offer any real advice, but this is what I do and so far, so good.

I pick out a brisket with a small fat cap. I trim it down and think I give up some moisture because of it, but prefer it that way. I rinse it off and blot it dry. I rub the entire thing down with mustard and cover it on all 6 sides with the rub. Fire up the smoker and cook at 230 degrees until the internal temp is 205 degrees. Most briskets take 10+ hours to cook. This one is small and has been on since 8:30 and is only at 180 7 hours in. I keep a pan of applejuice in a pan in the smoker and also spray it down every 2 hours. Once it hits temp, I pull it, wrap it in foil and let it rest in a cooler for a couple of hours. The resting period seems to be where most of the tenderness comes. I tried my last one immediately after pulling it and then a couple of hours later and it was a drastic change.

You you should check out http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/

Heard it's up for sale to some Canadian vegans, so join soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X