Viking Funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viking Funeral

I put this under BBQ/Smoking becau....you do the math.

A friend and I were having a discussion about how we want to be buried, launched into space or whatever. When I was in the Navy I participated in a few Naval burials at sea. It always impressed me how fitting it seemed and how respectful and, well, nautical the ceremonies were. Since I am eligible for that option I’ve always kept it in the back of my mind.
    6’ under, cremation, crypt, columbarium and now, Viking Funeral, in a wooden boat under a funeral pyre.

What other options do you do you guys have on the table? What is off limits?

If anyone asks, I want to be buried with all of my lost guns, 8 miles out.

This is dark, man. Even for NAVY it is dark. Do you need a hug? You should come today to room 5 and get plenty of those

Comment

A Viking funeral sounds pretty cool, but I can just picture all the climate change nuts protesting because you're polluting the air and ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoe59 View Post
        A Viking funeral sounds pretty cool, but I can just picture all the climate change nuts protesting because you're polluting the air and ocean.
        I’d have the boat double coated in creosote inside and out, rest me on a bed of tires and marinate me in jet fuel before I get the hot foot.
        It’s cool in a it’s not the same old shit way. As long I’m done using this temple I call my body and as long as the bride has no further use for me, what’s the difference if it’s worms or fish that eat me at that point?

Could make it a fundraiser and charge by the flaming flaming arrow after I get out past the surf. I’ll take some silver bars along for the ride and Aqua can run dive trips out until all the silver is recovered....it’s a win for everyone.

Comment

I heard a guy said he wanted his body shot out of a cannon onto a white wall. Then plexiglass over the result with his name on a plaque.
          Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

My family has been going for cremation and then back to home.

My Mom has my Grandmother who died in the early 2000's, my Sister who died in 2011, and Dad who died 2017.

My Mother-in-Law died in 2015. She's cremated and sitting in her home that now belongs to my Brother-in-Law.

Now me? My wife and I are to be cremated.

I told her when we both go I want our ashes mixed together. Shen then said I'm getting dumped in the backyard next to the cat and the house is going up for sale.

Paul

Comment

I was going to make a joke and say wood chipper for a specific person....but then I thought about the new red flag laws.

Cremation and ashes scattered in the ocean. That way I could be in any of the seven seas for those who want to remember me. (Don't spoil the notion with facts)

We take a little bit of the cremated remains of a dear friend whenever we travel with his wife. Lou is represented in lots of far away places.
              ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
              Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

oops.
                ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
                Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

uhhhh, I will be dead and therefore can't give a shit.

Comment

I would like to be blasted into the sun or another planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                      I put this under BBQ/Smoking becau....you do the math.

A friend and I were having a discussion about how we want to be buried, launched into space or whatever. When I was in the Navy I participated in a few Naval burials at sea. It always impressed me how fitting it seemed and how respectful and, well, nautical the ceremonies were. Since I am eligible for that option I’ve always kept it in the back of my mind.
                      6’ under, cremation, crypt, columbarium and now, Viking Funeral, in a wooden boat under a funeral pyre.

What other options do you do you guys have on the table? What is off limits?

If anyone asks, I want to be buried with all of my lost guns, 8 miles out.
                      You're assuming they find your body...

Comment

Originally posted by 1062_ZEBRA View Post

You're assuming they find your body...
                        Well, I’d be with my “lost at sea” guns.....ahh, I see your point.🤫

Comment

https://www.eternalreefs.com/

Comment

Originally posted by KTULU View Post
                            I love it. I can be an underwater Chia Pet.
                            Its a very cool idea

Comment

I subscribe to the Klingon philosophy: "It's an empty shell. Treat it as such."
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X