Viking Funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
    I put this under BBQ/Smoking becau....you do the math.

A friend and I were having a discussion about how we want to be buried, launched into space or whatever. When I was in the Navy I participated in a few Naval burials at sea. It always impressed me how fitting it seemed and how respectful and, well, nautical the ceremonies were. Since I am eligible for that option I’ve always kept it in the back of my mind.
    6’ under, cremation, crypt, columbarium and now, Viking Funeral, in a wooden boat under a funeral pyre.

What other options do you do you guys have on the table? What is off limits?

If anyone asks, I want to be buried with all of my lost guns, 8 miles out.
    Its really too bad we can’t pull that off in our libtard region of the country. Those that know me know I’ve requested this ceremony for years. Want me best buds to light the fire and shove me off, drink a down down and all be merry. Tell funny stories of a life lived. Amen brothers
    A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

Jesus did it in a shroud. Radically simple.

Comment

Me? I say pine box loaded with cedar shavings, no embalming, but I want someone to dump a little gasoline in there so it flames out real good.

Comment

Then I'm gonna have my wife carry my ashes in the trunk of her car so if she gets stuck on ice she can throw me under the tires one more time.

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post
            uhhhh, I will be dead and therefore can't give a shit.
            Yeah man, I'm with you. However my family wants to do it - after all, it's for them, not me.
            "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Just think of me as your uncle, then leave my dead ass there by the side of the road and have fun spending the gold.

Retired and loving it.

Comment

Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Fire scares me, therefore I never wanted to be cremated. I wanted the tradition burial, after a wake where my coffin was filled with ice and turned into a raw bar. Want a few clams, come see me, just don't grab the wrong shrimp.

As I grew older, I cared less.

Now I just want my dead ass run through a wood chipper and spread out in the lower pasture for the cows to eat.
                  The escape is half complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Yeah man, I'm with you. However my family wants to do it - after all, it's for them, not me.
                    You had parties for family, you had a wedding to make family happy, so much in life is about keeping family happy.

Death is the end, what happens should be 100% about you, it's your last chance to get exactly what you want.
                    The escape is half complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by OH UNCLE PAUL View Post

You had parties for family, you had a wedding to make family happy, so much in life is about keeping family happy.

Death is the end, what happens should be 100% about you, it's your last chance to get exactly what you want.
                      Nah, I don't see it that way. Whatever way eases my family's pain the most is what I want. Getting things the way I want them does nothing for me - my family will do it the best way for them to remember me the way they want to - and I'm good with that.

"The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

I’d have the boat double coated in creosote inside and out, rest me on a bed of tires and marinate me in jet fuel before I get the hot foot.
                        It’s cool in a it’s not the same old shit way. As long I’m done using this temple I call my body and as long as the bride has no further use for me, what’s the difference if it’s worms or fish that eat me at that point?

Could make it a fundraiser and charge by the flaming flaming arrow after I get out past the surf. I’ll take some silver bars along for the ride and Aqua can run dive trips out until all the silver is recovered....it’s a win for everyone.
                        It should be incendiary rounds rather than a flaming arrow.

Vikings were buried with their arms, so we should be as well. Anything to become an heirloom should be passed from hand to hand anyway.

Comment

Cremated, reloaded into shotgun shells and have my friends shoot one last round of skeet with me.

Comment

Closed coffin, with "Pop goes the Weasel" playing in the background....
                            Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

My plan is to get cremated and have my ashed dumped during an out going tide at the Shinnecock Inlet. Cocktails, raw bar and fireworks to follow........

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post
                                Closed coffin, with "Pop goes the Weasel" playing in the background....
                                Best one yet!
                                Retired and loving it.

Comment

Working...
                                X