Looking for unsliced (slab) Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for unsliced (slab) Bacon

I'm thinking of making some Bacon Burnt ends this weekend. Anyone know who sells unsliced (slab) Bacon? (hopefully close to Levittown).
    If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...

There is the Polish Meat Market (formerly Sikorsky) in Bethpage. I was there on Saturday and bought 4 pounds of sliced bacon. They keep it in a slab and slice to order. They have other great stuff too,EE7F3FE7-9812-4D70-864B-58826FAA24C5.jpeg
    Last edited by Waffen1974; 02-04-2020, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffen1974 View Post
      There is the Polish Meat Market (formerly Sikorsky) in Bethpage. I was there on Saturday and bought 4 pounds of sliced bacon. They keep it in a slab and slice to order. They have other great stuff too,EE7F3FE7-9812-4D70-864B-58826FAA24C5.jpeg
      That's perfect! And close. I didn't even know it was there. I drive by often.
      Thanks!

Comment

There is the Polish Meat Market (formerly Sikorsky) in Bethpage. I was there on Saturday and bought 4 pounds of sliced bacon. They keep it in a slab and slice to order. They have other great stuff too,
        Thank God. When I saw Silorsky's was closing, you could have heard my heart break. Was going there since my Grumman days. Felt like 100 years.
        Steve

Comment

I never knew it was there & I pass it by twice, almost daily for the last 30+ years.

Comment

Andy’s in New Hyde Park has it too, if you feel like making the trip.

Comment

will have to get some , good to hear they are reopening--somewhat ---but my arteries may not like it

Comment

Forest pork store in Huntington.

Manufacturer of German wurst, sausage, bologna, ham, salami, aufschnitt & smoked meats; Visit our retail store & butcher shop in Huntington, Long Island NY.

Comment

Restaurant Depot also sells it.
                  Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Here you go. 258258.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Tonto View Post

That's perfect! And close. I didn't even know it was there. I drive by often.
                      Thanks!
                      Around the way is SWAN meats. I believe they would have it as well. Believe it's Wantagh Ave just south of the split for 107 and Wantagh Ave. Maybe 1/4 mile south of the split on the East Side of the street.

Comment

made some on thanksgiving and they were titts. I just used some super thick cut stuff from my local food store.
                        "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

I stopped by today. Nice little shop. Picked up 4 lbs.

Comment

Fairway supermarket in Westbury has slab bacon at the butcher counter.

Comment

Originally posted by H&K Happy View Post
                              Fairway supermarket in Westbury has slab bacon at the butcher counter.
                              Any idea on the price?

The stuff I just picked up was $9.99 per lb. My wallet went into shock for a moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X