Need propane for your grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mega2899 View Post

Totally agree with charcoal being better and I prefer charcoal myself.

i have propane for the times when I’m on a time crunch (getting home from work and need to grill dinner) or when my wife has friends over and needs to grill for her friends / family.

I have two charcoal grills and two gas grills.
    TWO of each? Damn! You guys don't fool around when you barbecue!

I kept propane for the same reason, but then when we needed to rush, everyone still wanted charcoal, so we just had appetizers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post

Medford is filling now too...as long as the tank is not expired (2 of my 5 were)
      Just called Tractor Supply is no longer refilling tanks due to pandemic. Medford location.

Comment

Just confirming BJ's in Freeport is filling. But nobody there to man the big Tylenol between 1:00-4:00. Short on certified help. $14.99 member / $17.99 non member. Park next to caged svc area, leave your bottle in your car, walk into cust svc counter, pay up, they page guy to meet you outside.

Comment

I need a deal on a new bottle if anybody comes across one in Nassau. BJ's checks the dates. >12yrs old= no bueno.

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
            Campsite just got a delivery of LP yesterday.
            Plus you get to visit campsite

Comment

There's a groupon where they fill it to the max as well. It was $12 to fill, then they cut it again to $10 and then $8.00. I think its in Bellport. Not too shabby for a ride in the morning from Nassau

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

Didn't know they had propane. Which location was it btw?

I may need a couple filled down here in south Nassau. I never exchange my tanks. Normally, I take mine upstate when I take my big van, but haven't been able to break away for a trip since winter.
                Do you use the guy on River Avenue on the way to Sidney? Quick way ?

Comment

Originally posted by Blade21 View Post
                  There's a groupon where they fill it to the max as well. It was $12 to fill, then they cut it again to $10 and then $8.00. I think its in Bellport. Not too shabby for a ride in the morning from Nassau
                  Ideal Bottle Gas in Bellport? They also have a buy 5, get one 1/2 price deal(used to be buy 4 for 1 half price). The last time I had a tank swapped out by them it was additional $7.00. While I have not weighed them, the tanks I get filled there feel heavier than from other places I've been.

Comment

Originally posted by Rrudo74901 View Post

Plus you get to visit campsite
                    That can be VERY expensive!( in a good way)

Comment

I take it there's a shortage of propane on LI?
                      I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                      I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
                        I take it there's a shortage of propane on LI?
                        No, not on propane, but the businesses that some of us normally use for filling are non-essential, and therefore closed for the duration.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post

Do you use the guy on River Avenue on the way to Sidney? Quick way ?
                          No, I use a guy up on RT 20 in West Winfield. He's a tool rental/repair, and stove sales/supplier. Usually, as long as the bottle doesn't look like a rusty pos, he doesn't check the date.

Comment

Place on south side of Sunrise Highway in Bay Shore, between 5th Ave and Brentwood Rd exits is open and a standard tank fill is $20.
                            Hard to miss it. Big banners out front.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
                              I need a deal on a new bottle if anybody comes across one in Nassau. BJ's checks the dates. >12yrs old= no bueno.
                              I used the guy OP posted about 2 weeks ago. He will supply a filled tank, not a swap, for $50 or $60 I forget what the cost was. I think Lowes in Garden City will swap even with a bad date. If you want a new tank, I think Island Greenery on Bellmore Ave has them, they also fill your tanks.
                              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post

I used the guy OP posted about 2 weeks ago. He will supply a filled tank, not a swap, for $50 or $60 I forget what the cost was. I think Lowes in Garden City will swap even with a bad date. If you want a new tank, I think Island Greenery on Bellmore Ave has them, they also fill your tanks.
                                Island Greenery is my normal go-to guy, but they have been closed afaik. Thks

Comment

Working...
                                X