X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Belly Okonomiyaki - Japanese savory pancakes - Japanese Pizza

Ben

Comment

Hey guys I have not been around lately, work has been nuts and I have not had any time to be on at all during the day. I am back to making videos again. My latest was a collaboration with a bunch of other people who cook on Youtube. We all made hotdogs. I made a traditional NYC Dirty Water Dog with homemade sauerkraut and homemade onion sauce. They came out fantastic.

Click the hashtag #BringOnSummer2021 in the title of the video and it will take you to the other people who made hotdogs too. In a few weeks I am doing another collaboration with the same group of people that is #BetterWithBacon. I have 11lbs of homemade bacon curing in the fridge right now but I need ideas on what is going to be Better With Bacon so let me know any ideas you might have.

Ben

Comment

• Chase
        Chase commented
        Editing a comment
        Saw your vid a few days ago and learned how to make sauerkraut- thanks for that!

Damn...those dogs look great! Wish I had a couple right now.
      I'm going to have to do the sauerkraut and the onion sauce.
      If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post
        I have 11lbs of homemade bacon curing in the fridge right now but I need ideas on what is going to be Better With Bacon so let me know any ideas you might have.
        I have 5 1/2 pounds curing right now (liquid EQ with maple syrup & black pepper). It'll be ready tomorrow. Going to cold smoke it with Cherry. Not sure how though, I'm leaning towards 10 hours.

I've done turkey breasts, covered with a bacon weave. They come out so good, my wife wants them for Thanksgiving now, instead of a traditional roast turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post
          Hey guys I have not been around lately, work has been nuts and I have not had any time to be on at all during the day. I am back to making videos again. My latest was a collaboration with a bunch of other people who cook on Youtube. We all made hotdogs. I made a traditional NYC Dirty Water Dog with homemade sauerkraut and homemade onion sauce. They came out fantastic.

Click the hashtag #BringOnSummer2021 in the title of the video and it will take you to the other people who made hotdogs too. In a few weeks I am doing another collaboration with the same group of people that is #BetterWithBacon. I have 11lbs of homemade bacon curing in the fridge right now but I need ideas on what is going to be Better With Bacon so let me know any ideas you might have.

Gotta make some armadillo eggs! Every time I see them, I want to try!
          The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tonto View Post

I have 5 1/2 pounds curing right now (liquid EQ with maple syrup & black pepper). It'll be ready tomorrow. Going to cold smoke it with Cherry. Not sure how though, I'm leaning towards 10 hours.

I've done turkey breasts, covered with a bacon weave. They come out so good, my wife wants them for Thanksgiving now, instead of a traditional roast turkey.
            Nice this is the first time I have made bacon. I cut an 11lb belly into 3 pieces and I am doing a dry EQ cure, one with just Prague Powder and salt, one with Prague Powder, salt and brown sugar, and one with Prague Powder, salt, brown sugar and a little maple syrup. I am going to hot smoke with an apple cherry blend until and internal temp of 140-145. I am not a huge turkey fan but bacon makes everything better.
            Ben

Comment

• Tonto
              Tonto commented
              Editing a comment
              I've done both a dry EQ cure & wet EQ cures. The wife & kids prefer the wet cure. Better flavor they say. I have to agree. I think the key was using real maple syrup (grade B) for the liquid, along with distilled water.

My wife isn't a turkey fan either, but she loves the flavor & how moist the turkey is. Malcolm Reed has a good youtube on it.

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

Gotta make some armadillo eggs! Every time I see them, I want to try!
            Yeah I may make a spin on those for this bacon collaboration, I want to do something really out there though. Right now I am leaning towards bacon wrapped, panko fried onion rings possibly.
            Ben

Comment

• Diesel1
              Diesel1 commented
              Editing a comment
              What about something with monk fish. Saw some in Costco fairly cheap the other day. about 6 bucks a pound or so.

Monkfish tacos with a spicy slaw, and bacon as a taco shell!

• TTSkipper
              TTSkipper commented
              Editing a comment
              I do like monkfish, that is an interesting could be an interesting idea.

Ben, That bacon looks great!

What is your method for frying them?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonto View Post
              Ben, That bacon looks great!

What is your method for frying them?
              In the bacon video I just fried them up in a pan on the stove but normally I will either cook it on the blackstone or if it's raining or too cold I will cook it in the oven.
              Ben

Comment

Working...
              X