Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Chicago Deep Dish Pizza?

    Does anyone know where to get Chicago style deep dish on Long Island?
    First of all, it is a different animal than NY style pizza. They shouldn't be compared. In Chicago, neighborhood pizzerias all make NY style pizza and deep dish is only made at chains. I would love to have some. Pizzeria Uno is not anywhere near Commack.

    #2
    Make your own! Seriously, heckers/cerasota flour pizza dough with butter added, low moisture part skim mozz, sausage then thick hearty can of peeled tomatoes lightly hand crushed and pecorino on top. It's so easy. If you really don't want to hassle order frozen from Lou malnatis online, they're really are no good places that sell it on the island.

    Comment


      #3
      The only one I know existed was the Pizzeria Uno by SmithHaven Mall & that closed a few years ago. Maybe, buy a frozen deep dish pizza or have it flown in from Giordano's?
      Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by HowardRoark View Post
        The only one I know existed was the Pizzeria Uno by SmithHaven Mall & that closed a few years ago.
        Also gone is the Chicago pizza pub that is now some f'n sushi place in Commack.

        NRA Life member

        Always looking for lead
        Wheel weights. lino type, ect
        PM me if you have or find some

        Comment


          #5
          Pizzeria UNO in Bayside is the way to go. Nobody makes Chicago style on the Island (that's any good)!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by HowardRoark View Post
            The only one I know existed was the Pizzeria Uno by SmithHaven Mall & that closed a few years ago. Maybe, buy a frozen deep dish pizza or have it flown in from Giordano's?
            Giordano's. Order two and they deliver similar to omaha steaks. You won't be disappointed.
            The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Sig View Post

              Also gone is the Chicago pizza pub that is now some f'n sushi place in Commack.
              Man, that's been gone for over 25 years. I loved that place. Went there every Friday with my mates before the Saturday football game.
              Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

              Comment


                #8
                Nobody ever made a Chicago style that's any good.

                Fixed that infaminia for you, if you can't fold the slice it isn't a pizza.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by HowardRoark View Post

                  Man, that's been gone for over 25 years. I loved that place. Went there every Friday with my mates before the Saturday football game.
                  No need to remind of how old I am.
                  NRA Life member

                  Always looking for lead
                  Wheel weights. lino type, ect
                  PM me if you have or find some

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Vincent View Post
                    Make your own! Seriously, heckers/cerasota flour pizza dough with butter added, low moisture part skim mozz, sausage then thick hearty can of peeled tomatoes lightly hand crushed and pecorino on top. It's so easy. If you really don't want to hassle order frozen from Lou malnatis online, they're really are no good places that sell it on the island.
                    I miss deep dish!

                    Has anyone here ever ordered from Lou Malnatis?
                    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
                    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I hadn't thought of ordering from Chicago. I will look into that.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Was in Fort Worth a few months ago, took the grandkids to the rodeo. Went out to eat, in cattle country and ended up at Pizzeria Uno 😋

                        Not sure whose idea it was to put Uno at the Stockyards but they stay busy.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Long Beach Tony View Post
                          Nobody ever made a Chicago style that's any good.

                          Fixed that infaminia for you, if you can't fold the slice it isn't a pizza.
                          Sicilian pies would like to disagree with you. Speaking of, there's a place called Crostini in Massapequa, on Broadway by the SSP. Best Sicilian slice I've ever had by a mile; I swear they sprinkle crack in the sauce or something.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Mosin1942 View Post

                            Sicilian pies would like to disagree with you. Speaking of, there's a place called Crostini in Massapequa, on Broadway by the SSP. Best Sicilian slice I've ever had by a mile; I swear they sprinkle crack in the sauce or something.
                            Hey, I know that place. It's right on the end near my favorite sushi place. Was wondering about their pizza.
                            “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." - Benjamin Franklin

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                              I hadn't thought of ordering from Chicago. I will look into that.
                              http://www.tastesofchicago.com/categ...Malnatis_Pizza

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X