smoked ribs...pork..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoked ribs...pork..

these were a few months back, masterbuilt electric smoker, 225 temp for about 5 hours....rub is a mix of garlic powder, onion powder, a touch of black pepper, brown sugar and a drizzling of maple syrup, I have a sweet tooth... P1150033.JPG P1150034.JPG P1150035 (1).JPG P1150037.JPG P1150038.JPG
    Last edited by Patriot1965; 06-06-2021, 11:09 PM.
    You cant cure stupid, only kill it......
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.....

Now you're just showing off 🤤
    Life Member:
    American Suppressor Association
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    National Rifle Association

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
      I like good food....if you cant find it, you just gotta cook it yourself...and the smokey smell as they cook has your mouth watering for hours....

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
        And making me hungry! Where the hell am I gonna find BBQ after midnight? Lmao

Comment

Very nice. I sometimes spray apple juice to keep moist during cooking process.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthForkSportsman View Post
            I will dilute honey or maple syrup and do the same.......sometimes on pork ill spray apple cider vinegar to give it just a little zip to the taste and counter the sugars...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthForkSportsman View Post
              Same here. For a while I was using Apple Moonshine. The diluted maple syrup sounds awesome. I have to try that.
              "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
              Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
              Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

• Patriot1965
                Patriot1965 commented
                Editing a comment
                I like to experiment with spraying different mixes as they smoke to see what it tastes like, keep the ones that taste great and ditch the ones that dont...

• Finicky Fat Guy
                Finicky Fat Guy commented
                Editing a comment
                To be honest, I don't notice any effect on the flavor of the meat from the liquids. They just add moisture. The flavor seems to got overwhelmed by the smoke.

• Patriot1965
                Patriot1965 commented
                Editing a comment
                the honey and maple syrup do add some sweetness to the meat, I dont dilute it that much, just enough to get through the sprayer, apple juice is very thin and if you sprayed a ton on, you would probably get a slight sweeter taste, unless the meat already has a bunch of brown sugar or other BBQ sauce on it....

Thanks, now I am hungry. Look great, hope you enjoyed them.

Comment

• Patriot1965
                Patriot1965 commented
                Editing a comment
                they disappeared rather fast...waiting for them to finish cooking while smelling them cook was almost unbearable..LOL...lots of taste tests as they cooked...
            Working...
            X