Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You want cast iron pan? TN has cast iron pan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want cast iron pan? TN has cast iron pan.

Feast your eyes on the world's largest cast iron skillet weighing 14,000 lbs. in Tennessee | WCYB

568A1E1F-39AF-4B1F-BB57-BBBAC70F6F9E.jpg
    OH UNCLE PAUL
    UNEMPLOYED HILLBILLY
    Last edited by OH UNCLE PAUL; 01-14-2022, 09:39 PM.
    The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

We sell the Lodge brand in our store and it is great.. .. Our choices are smaller.

My wife's newest cast iron baby is this one, a French brand, it weighs an actual ton, and retails around $450.00. It is almost too heavy to carry to the pantry.

Thankfully the Williams Sonoma Store in town is closing for good and we bought it for a song as part of the store closing sale.... My wife is very happy, and that's a good thing!

cast iron.jpg

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

wow....now make the worlds biggest omelette in it ....a 10,000+ thousand eggs should do...
    cast iron is the material to cook with...
    You cant cure stupid, only kill it......
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.....

Comment

My smooth as glass circa 1900s Wagner.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    StrongBeach
    Grandpa
    Last edited by StrongBeach; 01-14-2022, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot1965 View Post
      wow....now make the worlds biggest omelette in it ....a 10,000+ thousand eggs should do...
      I may know of a guy in Tennessee who can supply the eggs 👍

Comment

Something about cooking on cast iron that makes it better. We are big fans of quality enamel ware too. We have had good success over the years catching sales at Zwilling (on line) and Williams Sonoma. Zwilling always has a sale going.
        https://www.zwilling.com/us/sale/cookware-sales/

Comment

Always amazes me what varied and eclectic stuff gets you guys excited. Frying pan. Cookware. LOL.
          Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot1965 View Post
          bacon...
          Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

Is this the same pan that was in the movie Michael with John Travolta?

Comment

Cast iron is the best. For years, we went through myriad coated nonstick cookware, both high-end and cheap. They're all great when they're new but they don't hold up.

Recently, we "rediscovered" the few cast iron pieces I used way back when I was a bachelor. A couple different size round skillets, a large square skillet, and a large griddle that spans two burners on the stove. I payed $3 for it in a hardware store more than 40 years ago. I wonder where you'd find something like that today and what it would cost.

They require a "break-in" period but once done and properly maintained, there's nothing better. Throw out your shifty plastic spatulas.

We used to hardly ever have steak in the Winter because the grill just doesn't cut it when it's 20 degrees out. Turns out, my wife makes some of the best steaks I've ever had in that square skillet.
              • To be human is to be armed.
              • Social media are the "Assault Weapons" of the First Amendment.
              • Ideology is the antithesis of intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post
                Cast iron is the best. For years, we went through myriad coated nonstick cookware, both high-end and cheap. They're all great when they're new but they don't hold up.

Recently, we "rediscovered" the few cast iron pieces I used way back when I was a bachelor. A couple different size round skillets, a large square skillet, and a large griddle that spans two burners on the stove. I payed $3 for it in a hardware store more than 40 years ago. I wonder where you'd find something like that today and what it would cost.

They require a "break-in" period but once done and properly maintained, there's nothing better. Throw out your shifty plastic spatulas.

We used to hardly ever have steak in the Winter because the grill just doesn't cut it when it's 20 degrees out. Turns out, my wife makes some of the best steaks I've ever had in that square skillet.
                I’ve been using Alton Brown’s cast iron pan method for steaks for years. I also use it to cook extra think pork chops now that I only cook to medium.

He may have turned into a filthy commie but he sure can cook.
                The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

I love cast iron . Makes great soups , can be used as a pressure cooker or slow cooker if you get the right ones . Dutch ovens , chili pots . Not a fan of the over priced French stuff as stated the enamel always chips . And is major pain in the ass to clean , everything sticks to enamel.

Comment

Even I could hit that @ 100 yrds. --
                    NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

You could fry a whole cow in that thing. Is that part of the new George Foreman outdoor grill ?

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post
                        I love cast iron . Makes great soups , can be used as a pressure cooker or slow cooker if you get the right ones . Dutch ovens , chili pots . Not a fan of the over priced French stuff as stated the enamel always chips . And is major pain in the ass to clean , everything sticks to enamel.
                        You have to scour ebay for a Griswold or a Wagner. The new CI has a funky texture that allows them to factory season the cookware, its too rough.

Comment

• rlitman
                          rlitman
                          Registered User!
                          rlitman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's shot blasted. Some say it's better, I mildly disagree. If you want smooth, sand it yourself and re-season. I season in the outdoor grill, because it doesn't smoke up the house.
                      Working...
                      X