No announcement yet.

The Bourbon Thread -reviews & more...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Wick is single handedly to blame for the Blantons price. Hipster are to blame for the general rise in Bourbon prices and the influx of bastardized bourbons on the market.

Comment

Screenshot_2018-12-22-17-04-01.png

Trying this tonight.
      Btw Primo Wines & Liquor Outlet has a nice selection.
      588 Sunrise Hwy, West Babylon, NY 11704

Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Saw this today while wandering around bottle bargains. They had a huge glass display case with a bunch of high end rare bourbons, but the van winkle stood out immediately at this price....

05FC3527-9B75-41C9-9DF8-F7095B0E4C7C.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by ZachP View Post
          Saw this today while wandering around bottle bargains. They had a huge glass display case with a bunch of high end rare bourbons, but the van winkle stood out immediately at this price....

i would love to see these fucking shops post the msrp of these bottles along with what they are asking.

Comment

Originally posted by ZachP View Post

At the cost of a new pistol, screw that. Sorry, but I just don't get it.

Comment

FB_IMG_1545610137337.jpg

I thought this was better served here than in the funny pics thread.

Comment

Just a reminder for you guys speculating on rare whiskey. https://www.delish.com/food-news/a25...-whiskey-fake/

"Tests conducted by the Scottish Universities Environmental Research Center of 55 bottles of rare whiskey found at least a third of them to be fake, the BBC reports. The testing was commissioned by Scottish broker Rare Whisky 101, which is concerned about the "proliferation of fake whiskey."
                Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

At the cost of a new pistol, screw that. Sorry, but I just don't get it.
                  What’s even crazier is that the same bottle pictured is being sold at double the price from certain online retailers.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post
                    John Wick is single handedly to blame for the Blantons price. Hipster are to blame for the general rise in Bourbon prices and the influx of bastardized bourbons on the market.
                    The insane popularity of PVW and anything remotely associated with it or Buffalo Trace Distillery, and now even some Stitzel-Weller offerings, is what drove the Blanton's market crazy (not to mention the Gold & SFTB versions not made for the US market)

There's no other reason for regular BT to be allocated, or Eagle Rare (no longer 10yas), ETL. I'm surprised Col. ETH is still as available as it is. Anything associated with the BT antique collection as well (Sazerac, the Wellers, ER again, Stagg Jr.)

Buffalo Trace have literally increased their production by ten-fold... So I'm just waiting for bourbon to become unpopular again so I can get $90 bottles for $35-40 again.

Comment

I finished off the woodford reserve and moved on to the four roses single barrel. Really like the four roses better!

Comment

9A5DDC7A-35FE-4913-A3DF-EF0D4BE1FA33.png

Has anyone collected them all?
                        ETA: I have been informed that the above picture is incorrect. The 2nd "N" should be "N:" and the jockey and horse are different also. See below

FB_IMG_1547034953585.jpg
                        Last edited by ChiefSailer; 01-09-2019, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefSailer View Post
                          9A5DDC7A-35FE-4913-A3DF-EF0D4BE1FA33.png

Has anyone collected them all?
                          You can order the complete set from Buffalo Trace mounted in a BT stave for like $50. Some people obsess over getting them all.

Comment

Speaking of which, on the menu tonight was the legendary Blanton's Gold.

Delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
                              I finished off the woodford reserve and moved on to the four roses single barrel. Really like the four roses better!
                              Funny thing is i love the Four Roses Small batch better and it costs less
                              A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ballistic View Post

You can order the complete set from Buffalo Trace mounted in a BT stave for like $50. Some people obsess over getting them all.
                                That's Cheating! LOL.
                                Yes I know. I've seen how obsessed some of these guys are on a FB group "Bourbon Finders".
                                btw I've been told that the picture I posted above is incorrect as the 2nd "N" should be "N:" and the jockey and horse are different.

Comment

Working...
                                X