X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiefSailer View Post
    9A5DDC7A-35FE-4913-A3DF-EF0D4BE1FA33.png

Has anyone collected them all?
    You can order the complete set from Buffalo Trace mounted in a BT stave for like $50. Some people obsess over getting them all.

Comment

Speaking of which, on the menu tonight was the legendary Blanton's Gold.

Delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
        I finished off the woodford reserve and moved on to the four roses single barrel. Really like the four roses better!
        Funny thing is i love the Four Roses Small batch better and it costs less
        A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ballistic View Post

You can order the complete set from Buffalo Trace mounted in a BT stave for like $50. Some people obsess over getting them all.
          That's Cheating! LOL.
          Yes I know. I've seen how obsessed some of these guys are on a FB group "Bourbon Finders".
          btw I've been told that the picture I posted above is incorrect as the 2nd "N" should be "N:" and the jockey and horse are different.
          Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Correct; two different Ns for two different stages of a the horse acing.

You say cheating, I say efficient, and much cheaper, haha.

Comment

663FC048-F664-4213-A75C-DB7A80B6D610.jpeg

Comment

If anyone gets REALLY daring, I was at the Wine Guy in Smithtown today. They have a bottle of Pappy 23 year old.........
                2600 dollars!!!!!!
                NRA Patron Life Member
                Caribou R&P Club Range Officer
                NRA RSO

Comment

Knob creek last night. 120 horsepower was pretty strong. Not bad at all. But definitely puts fire in your belly

Comment

I'll be making a trip down to TN and back soon, one of my last three return trips to this shithole.

There is a soda that I get down in TN called Cheerwine. https://cheerwine.com/. A 100 year old privately owned soda company, the oldest privately held soda company in the USA. It is the BEST mixer for bourbon. I do believe it is the official drink of NC. If anyone would like to try it, PM me.
                    Last edited by OH UNCLE PAUL; 01-11-2019, 07:39 PM.
                    The escape is half complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
                      Knob creek last night. 120 horsepower was pretty strong. Not bad at all. But definitely puts fire in your belly
                      In all that I've tasted, this is one of my favorites. Not as much heat/spice as other 120 proof offerings; I find it pretty smooth with a lot of flavor.

Comment

Back to four roses tonight. Got passed up for a promotion. Kinda bummed.

Comment

Tonight was my first taste of Basil; good, smooth, but not complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post

In all that I've tasted, this is one of my favorites. Not as much heat/spice as other 120 proof offerings; I find it pretty smooth with a lot of flavor.
                            It kicked my ass last night. But I'm a noob to bourbons.

Comment

I usually shop The Wine Guy, but haven't seen these there...does anyone have a lead on a good store in the area (I'm in Selden) that has Stagg and/or Elmer T Lee in stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                                I usually shop The Wine Guy, but haven't seen these there...does anyone have a lead on a good store in the area (I'm in Selden) that has Stagg and/or Elmer T Lee in stock?
                                Stagg Jr?

If you don't mind a ride to Middle Island I know a place that has it. They also have GTS, but it's waaaay above even secondary pricing.

Comment

Working...
                                X