No announcement yet.

The Bourbon Thread -reviews & more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished off another bottle of four roses single barrel over the weekend with my wife. We definitely love that bourbon!

I wanna reach out and try some Wild Turkey Master Series... I'm seeing some nice reviews on those. And maybe hit up Four Roses Small Batch Select as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
      Finished off another bottle of four roses single barrel over the weekend with my wife. We definitely love that bourbon!

I wanna reach out and try some Wild Turkey Master Series... I'm seeing some nice reviews on those. And maybe hit up Four Roses Small Batch Select as well.
      I tried the Wild Turkey 101, and had a wierd allergic reaction to it. Something in it was causing my throat to close; not anaphylactic, but just when I tried drinking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post

I tried the Wild Turkey 101, and had a wierd allergic reaction to it. Something in it was causing my throat to close; not anaphylactic, but just when I tried drinking it.
        That’s freaky. Tried WT at a wedding recently and liked it.

Comment

I tried the Four Roses small Batch, it’s pretty good.

Comment

I was grabbing a bottle of Blanton's last week at a ratty liquor store near my office and was shocked to see that they had Michter's 10 year ($169) and George T. Stagg ($399) sitting on the shelf. First time coming across either of these two super rare bourbons.

Comment

Just cracked open the Blantons.

Nose of vanilla and caramel

taste of of creamy caramel and vanilla. Fairly quick finish. Smooth and I can see myself sucking this down. Oily and smooth. Not sure if it’s $80 good but I can see why it’s popular.

Wondering if I want to buy another one or try the Elmer T Lee. But I am happy with this purchase.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mossy930spx; 10-12-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

So far my top three are 3 Blanton. 2. Jack Daniel Small Batch 1 4 roses single barrel small batch.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post
                  So far my top three are 3 Blanton. 2. Jack Daniel Small Batch 1 4 roses single barrel small batch.
                  You got the single barrel?

Comment

Wife just had a pour of the Blanton’s. Said it’s good but not as flavorful as the four roses single barrel. I’d have to agree. It’s an easy drinker but if you like your bourbon more complex Blanton’s will taste bland to you

Comment

Bit of a barrel char/ chest nut finish. Much more body than the Blanton’s
                      Attached Files

Comment

You got the single barrel?
                        Yes Single Barrel not small batch .

Comment

Yes Single Barrel not small batch .
                          That shit is delicious

Comment

Just became available again:
                            Belle Meade (maderia/sherry cask strength)
                            highly rated and allocated
                            A .45acp says go away in any language ~ Clint Smith

Comment

Yes 4 Roses Single Barrel is so good it ....kind of ruined everything else, I bought a bottle of Redemption...... ,it tastes like water.

Comment

Yes 4 Roses Single Barrel is so good it ....kind of ruined everything else, I bought a bottle of Redemption...... ,it tastes like water.
                                Yeah I feel the same way. 4 roses was my second bourbon. I feel like I peaked too early. Every thing I taste is a comparison to the 4 roses single barrel. Russell’s reserve single barrel is damn close.

Picked up pikesville rye and 4 roses small batch select. I’m hearing the small batch select is as good as the single barrel and comparable to the 130 anniversary small batch they issued out.

Comment

Working...
                                X