Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bourbon Thread -reviews & more...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
    Ok. I’ll save this thread.

    Cracked open the 4 roses small batch select. Just a Little splash to test her out. Overall a very good bourbon. If you like the single barrel you’ll enjoy this. Oily mouth feel but not as oily/creamy as the Blanton’s. Spicier than the single barrel but has a similar overall finish.

    honestly, not worth $60. I would say it should be in the single barrel price range of $40-45.

    Its a single barrel with a velvet mouth and a bit more spice.
    Agreed...definitely not worth the premium over their single barrel

    Comment


      I’ve heard that this is tough to find because of some type of shortage. I’m not sure of the truthfulness of this, but a store down here has it. Does anyone want some in a week when I come back?
      E3077C13-6609-4478-B2D9-AE59C746831A.jpeg
      The escape is half complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

      Comment


        Not a bourbon but a Rye. A decent sipper. 110 horse power but it’s smooth. A bit more spice but it’s a Maryland rye so it’s not as spicy as a Pennsylvania rye. I like it. But not something I’d sip often. Definitely a good winter sipper.

        Attached Files

        Comment


          Finally picked up Stagg Jr...fantastic and very smooth for such a high alcohol content.
          Also got a bottle of Russels Reserve Single Barrel, which a also very good. This and the Knob Creek Single Barrel are two of my favorites.

          The Elijah Craig is pretty good, but definitely not as good as the others, not even close.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
            Finally picked up Stagg Jr...fantastic and very smooth for such a high alcohol content.
            Also got a bottle of Russels Reserve Single Barrel, which a also very good. This and the Knob Creek Single Barrel are two of my favorites.

            The Elijah Craig is pretty good, but definitely not as good as the others, not even close.
            Wasn’t a fan of the rare breed. Found out my office manager’s husband is a fan of wild turkey and gave it to him since she’s awesome. He gifted me a bourbon back - Elijah Craig. Gonna try it next weekend.

            Comment


              1792 named as best whiskey..


              https://brobible.com/culture/article...ky-bible-2020/

              While many of us fancy ourselves as “whiskey experts,” Jim Murray is actually a whiskey expert. Murray is believed to be the world’s first-ever full-time whisky writer and is believed to have visited more distilleries in the world than any person. He has written 22 books on whiskey, including his annual best whiskeys in the world roundup known as Jim Murray’s Whiskey Bible that he has written for the last 17 years.

              Murray has sampled nearly 20,000 whiskeys from around the world in his career and sampled another 1,200 from 30 different countries for Jim Murray’s Whiskey Bible 2020 to declare the greatest whiskey on the planet (Greatest job ever?). This year’s winner is a glorious bourbon that is very affordably priced
              Murray named 1792 Full Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon as his World Whisky of the Year winner. The bourbon from the Barton 1792 distillery, which is owned by Buffalo Trace parent company Sazerac, scored 97.5 out of 100. The best part is that 1792 Full Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon is very available and retails for a very reasonable $50, so you may want to get it before word gets out.
              “For the 1792 Distillery to win ‘World Whisky of the Year’ is extraordinary because when I first went there some 25 years ago, the then-owners had no interest in high-end whiskey, said Murray. “The oldest they produced was a 6-year-old, which I thought was one of the most complex on the market but still undercooked. I implored them then to bring out something much older.”
              “It is wonderful that my gut instinct of 25 years ago has been vindicated under the ownership of Sazerac, who have turned a potentially great distillery into something truly magnificent,” Murray stated.

              Sazerac and Buffalo Trace continued to impress Murray by placing second and third on the World Whisky of the Year award winners with William Larue Weller 125.7 proof and Thomas Handy Sazerac Rye 127.2 proof. USA! USA! USA!

              Comment


                Originally posted by cityrepo61 View Post
                1792 named as best whiskey..


                https://brobible.com/culture/article...ky-bible-2020/

                While many of us fancy ourselves as “whiskey experts,” Jim Murray is actually a whiskey expert. Murray is believed to be the world’s first-ever full-time whisky writer and is believed to have visited more distilleries in the world than any person. He has written 22 books on whiskey, including his annual best whiskeys in the world roundup known as Jim Murray’s Whiskey Bible that he has written for the last 17 years.

                Murray has sampled nearly 20,000 whiskeys from around the world in his career and sampled another 1,200 from 30 different countries for Jim Murray’s Whiskey Bible 2020 to declare the greatest whiskey on the planet (Greatest job ever?). This year’s winner is a glorious bourbon that is very affordably priced
                Murray named 1792 Full Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon as his World Whisky of the Year winner. The bourbon from the Barton 1792 distillery, which is owned by Buffalo Trace parent company Sazerac, scored 97.5 out of 100. The best part is that 1792 Full Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon is very available and retails for a very reasonable $50, so you may want to get it before word gets out.
                “For the 1792 Distillery to win ‘World Whisky of the Year’ is extraordinary because when I first went there some 25 years ago, the then-owners had no interest in high-end whiskey, said Murray. “The oldest they produced was a 6-year-old, which I thought was one of the most complex on the market but still undercooked. I implored them then to bring out something much older.”
                “It is wonderful that my gut instinct of 25 years ago has been vindicated under the ownership of Sazerac, who have turned a potentially great distillery into something truly magnificent,” Murray stated.

                Sazerac and Buffalo Trace continued to impress Murray by placing second and third on the World Whisky of the Year award winners with William Larue Weller 125.7 proof and Thomas Handy Sazerac Rye 127.2 proof. USA! USA! USA!
                I keep passing that bottle up too.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post

                  I keep passing that bottle up too.
                  Me too; I'll have to grab a bottle next time I'm shopping

                  Comment


                    FB_IMG_1572788058000.jpg
                    Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

                    Comment


                      Had my first taste of Woodford reserve last night and it was very tasty!
                      Last edited by cityrepo61; 11-03-2019, 11:20 AM.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by cityrepo61 View Post
                        1792 named as best whiskey..


                        https://brobible.com/culture/article...ky-bible-2020/

                        While many of us fancy ourselves as “whiskey experts,” Jim Murray is actually a whiskey expert. Murray is believed to be the world’s first-ever full-time whisky writer and is believed to have visited more distilleries in the world than any person. He has written 22 books on whiskey, including his annual best whiskeys in the world roundup known as Jim Murray’s Whiskey Bible that he has written for the last 17 years.

                        Murray has sampled nearly 20,000 whiskeys from around the world in his career and sampled another 1,200 from 30 different countries for Jim Murray’s Whiskey Bible 2020 to declare the greatest whiskey on the planet (Greatest job ever?). This year’s winner is a glorious bourbon that is very affordably priced
                        Murray named 1792 Full Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon as his World Whisky of the Year winner. The bourbon from the Barton 1792 distillery, which is owned by Buffalo Trace parent company Sazerac, scored 97.5 out of 100. The best part is that 1792 Full Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon is very available and retails for a very reasonable $50, so you may want to get it before word gets out.
                        “For the 1792 Distillery to win ‘World Whisky of the Year’ is extraordinary because when I first went there some 25 years ago, the then-owners had no interest in high-end whiskey, said Murray. “The oldest they produced was a 6-year-old, which I thought was one of the most complex on the market but still undercooked. I implored them then to bring out something much older.”
                        “It is wonderful that my gut instinct of 25 years ago has been vindicated under the ownership of Sazerac, who have turned a potentially great distillery into something truly magnificent,” Murray stated.

                        Sazerac and Buffalo Trace continued to impress Murray by placing second and third on the World Whisky of the Year award winners with William Larue Weller 125.7 proof and Thomas Handy Sazerac Rye 127.2 proof. USA! USA! USA!
                        https://www.cappyswineandspirits.com...L-SELECT-750ML

                        Cappy's in Lynbrook listed it on their website. I am going to pick up a bottle this week and let you know.

                        Comment


                          Took a road trip today and picked up a bottle of 1792. Not impressed; not as smooth as I anticipated and not as much flavor as the single barrels I like. I can definitely tell is blended, I just prefer the flavor of single barrel offerings.

                          Comment


                            Any Destro sighting lately?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                              Took a road trip today and picked up a bottle of 1792. Not impressed; not as smooth as I anticipated and not as much flavor as the single barrels I like. I can definitely tell is blended, I just prefer the flavor of single barrel offerings.
                              I was concerned I wouldn’t like it. Now it’s confirmed I won’t

                              Comment


                                Bummer. I have a bottle I haven't opened yet.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X