The Bourbon Thread -reviews & more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
    I've tried a lot of his selections and do agree with most of his recommendations. But my go to bourbons are - Four Roses Single Barrel, Russell's Reserve Single Barrel, Blanton's Single Barrel, Knob Creek Single Barrel.
    Our taste is very similar: give the Makers I got a try, you'll like it. It's another barrel select offering that The Wine Guy has. They have been personally selecting barrels from a few different distilleries lately and their pics are impeccable

Comment

20191223_192248.jpg

Got an early Christmas present from a friend. I've never had this before. I will give it a try tomorrow night, Christmas Eve
      Last edited by ChiefSailer; 12-23-2019, 09:39 PM.
      Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

My son just got a bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle 10-year.

Comment

Was gifted this today from my son’s girlfriend’s parents. Vanilla bomb and a hint of spice. Smooth. Hands down better than bulleit. Better than Elijah Craig on the finish.
          Last edited by mossy930spx; 12-24-2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Bourbon run bitches - Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve 120 proof, Stag Jr Batch 12 132 proof, Blanton’s Single Barrel 93 proof and Four Roses Small Batch Select 104 proof
            Attached Files

Comment

Bourbon run bitches - Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve 120 proof, Stag Jr Batch 12 132 proof, Blanton’s Single Barrel 93 proof and Four Roses Small Batch Select 104 proof
              That is an AWESOME assortment!

Comment

Calling all whiskey hunters - I’m looking for Elija Craig Barrel Proof Batch C919 bottled in 2019. Anyone come across it please let me know. Wanna try it. Wine guy only had an older batch B518 and B519

Comment

Calling all whiskey hunters - I’m looking for Elija Craig Barrel Proof Batch C919 bottled in 2019. Anyone come across it please let me know. Wanna try it. Wine guy only had an older batch B518 and B519
                  I don’t know if this will be much help but there’s a place in E. Northport called Wine Doc who sells the Elijah barrel proof - maybe give them a call.

Comment

Originally posted by ZachP View Post

I don’t know if this will be much help but there’s a place in E. Northport called Wine Doc who sells the Elijah barrel proof - maybe give them a call.
                    Thanks I’ll give a call. Scored another Stagg jr Batch 12 about 20 min ago.

Comment

Thanks I’ll give a call. Scored another Stagg jr Batch 12 about 20 min ago.
                      Private or store? How much? That has become one of my favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post

Private or store? How much? That has become one of my favorites
                        Swiftway liquors in medford had it. The one on the shelf is batch 11. They had a box in the back that had more which had batch 12.

$91 out the door with taxes

Comment

Current collection... still on the hunt for Elija Craig Barrel Proof C919 OR C918
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ZachP View Post

Called. Just B518

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                              Took a road trip today and picked up a bottle of 1792. Not impressed; not as smooth as I anticipated and not as much flavor as the single barrels I like. I can definitely tell is blended, I just prefer the flavor of single barrel offerings.
                              The Whiskey of the year is the full proof not the small batch.

I bet there will be a difference. I've tried the regular Russell's reserve white label and it was eeeh. But I got the single barrel red label and it was awesome. So it's probably a big disparity in the small batch and the full proof.

Comment

I've called around a few stores and stopped in some others... All the batches on the shelves are B519 or B518. I don't think the September 2019 batches made its way up to NY yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X