Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s a new one for me , Makers Mark Cask Strength

Comment

Listen up. This shit is amazing. Belle Meade Cask Strength. Oily mouth. Vanilla and caramel light brown sugar. Medium finish

Comment

Picked this up today from The Wine Guy (only a couple bottles left)...very pleasant nose with strong caramel and vanilla. The mouth is strong, the 100 proof is very present, but it finishes pretty smooth. For $80, I like the Stagg Jr much better.

Comment

This stuff is delicious. I added to the stable

Comment

Originally posted by mossy930spx View Post
            This stuff is delicious. I added to the stable
            Never heard of it; did you buy a case? Where'd you get it? I may be heading to The Wine Guy later, I'll have to look for it

Comment

Bookers batch 2019-01 - Theresa’s Batch - floral nose with vanilla. Spicy oak with hint of vanilla and caramel/light brown sugar. Quick finish to me for such a high proof.

overall - 3/5. Price point $80 is mostly due to packaging. Kinda disappointed in this bourbon overall due to the cask strength not as flavorful as other cask strength bourbons I have. Additionally it wasn’t very oily at all (I like em oily - that’s what she said) for a 62.95% batch. It’s an easy sipper though and I got lit last night after my classes. Wouldn’t buy again unless it was in the $50-$60 range.

I ended up picking up another batch 12 Stagg Jr today to correct the universe.

Comment

Just picked up some Blantons for $75. This had better be good, lol.

Comment

Blanton's is very good!

Sorry to hear that the bookers is disappointing; I've found them to be hit or miss depending upon the batch. Stagg Jr...mmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                    Blanton's is very good!

Sorry to hear that the bookers is disappointing; I've found them to be hit or miss depending upon the batch. Stagg Jr...mmmmmm!
                    Is $75 a decent price for it?

Comment

Yes; there are a lot of places inflating the price and asking $99

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                        Blanton's is very good!

The reviews on the Theresa batch seemed good. Wished it expanded on that vanilla and was oily at the 62% abv. It was good. Wasn’t great. I think the Belle Meade is a fantastic cask strength. Stagg Jr batch 12 is a wonderful punch in the face with maple brown sugar. Compared to those two it wasn’t able to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post

Is $75 a decent price for it?
                          Locally that’s an ok price. Many are selling $99.

I like Blanton’s. It’s low key and has a nice creamy vanilla caramel flavor.

Comment

Hot damn.... added 5 drops to the Stagg Jr and it’s like drinking candy. Fuck this shit got dangerous

Comment

Working...
                            X