See less

The Bourbon Thread -reviews & more...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread resurrection...thank you Destro! I've been utilizing this thread as a guide to my bourbon purchases.

Prior to this year, the only whiskey I ever tried was the cheap swine my father mixes with club soda (Dewers, White horse, etc). But, a friend gave me a shot of 18yr Glenlivet and a bottle of 18yr Aberlour; they changed my outlook and, after talking to one of the guys at TheWineGuy, started trying Bourbon (neat, of course).

I've tried Four Roses, both small batch and single barrel (I like the small batch better), Woodford Reserve, Angel's Envy, Russell's Reserve, Jefferson's Reserve, Jefferson's Small Batch, Buffalo Trace, Bookers, and a few others (including some cheaper bourbons, but they definitely tasted cheaper). I like the Jefferson's Reserve the most so far.

Prior to all of this, my drink of choice has been DiSaronno, chilled/neat. With that, during my latest trip to the store, the owner turned me on to rye, which is a little sweeter than the bourbon, and I picked up a bottle of Rough Rider. Definitely a nice drink and possibly my favorite Whiskey so far.

Comment

bourbon.jpg
      Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

I bought a bottle on sale for around $30.00; very good.

Comment

Originally posted by H&K Happy View Post
          I bought a bottle on sale for around $30.00; very good.
          It’s good but it’s like Bourbon Light. Lol

Comment

Fellow Bourbon drinker here, this thread is great and very informative!

Currently on the hunt for a bottle of Michter's Toasted Barrel Finish bourbon. If anyone comes across a bottle on the shelves please post up the store! Can't find it anywhere.
            Last edited by ZachP; 09-19-2018, 11:19 AM.
            "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
            X