No announcement yet.

The Bourbon Thread -reviews & more...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread resurrection...thank you Destro! I've been utilizing this thread as a guide to my bourbon purchases.

Prior to this year, the only whiskey I ever tried was the cheap swine my father mixes with club soda (Dewers, White horse, etc). But, a friend gave me a shot of 18yr Glenlivet and a bottle of 18yr Aberlour; they changed my outlook and, after talking to one of the guys at TheWineGuy, started trying Bourbon (neat, of course).

I've tried Four Roses, both small batch and single barrel (I like the small batch better), Woodford Reserve, Angel's Envy, Russell's Reserve, Jefferson's Reserve, Jefferson's Small Batch, Buffalo Trace, Bookers, and a few others (including some cheaper bourbons, but they definitely tasted cheaper). I like the Jefferson's Reserve the most so far.

Prior to all of this, my drink of choice has been DiSaronno, chilled/neat. With that, during my latest trip to the store, the owner turned me on to rye, which is a little sweeter than the bourbon, and I picked up a bottle of Rough Rider. Definitely a nice drink and possibly my favorite Whiskey so far.

Comment

bourbon.jpg
      Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

I bought a bottle on sale for around $30.00; very good.

Comment

Originally posted by H&K Happy View Post
          I bought a bottle on sale for around $30.00; very good.
          It’s good but it’s like Bourbon Light. Lol

Comment

323712E8-9702-49F1-A42E-DC444B078CBF.jpeg Obviously not a true Bourbon but I’ll partake.

Comment

Our expert is MIA again . Uh Oh 😳

Comment

Caribou Crossing. Find it. Try it

Comment

Eagles Rare ⬅️ Anyone come across it on LI?

Comment

Kind of new to the bourbon thing. I have been drinking Woodford reserve and enjoyed it. I was gifted a bottle of Garrison brothers. Its got a taste I cant put my finger on it but I like the Woodford better.

Comment

The Wine Guy (Smithtown) stocks Eagle Rare; very good for the price, I'm currently working on a bottle.

Stepping away from the rye; tied a couple more that I wasn't thrilled with, and have been enjoying bourbon more. Really like the Knob Creek small batch and Bookers; they both are strong, but have a nice flavor while the burn isn't overpowering.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                        The Wine Guy (Smithtown) stocks Eagle Rare; very good for the price, I'm currently working on a bottle.

Stepping away from the rye; tied a couple more that I wasn't thrilled with, and have been enjoying bourbon more. Really like the Knob Creek small batch and Bookers; they both are strong, but have a nice flavor while the burn isn't overpowering.
                        Really????? Well I guess I’ll be cruising out there. It’s got a nice following in Ohio and haven’t seen it sold here. Thanks 🙏🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Craig23 View Post
                          I don't know if this is sacreligious, but how about a bourbon mixed drink. My wife has been asking me to make a bourbon based drink for her. Any favorites?
                          Sazerac, with Bourbon instead of Rye or Cognac.

NRA RSO

Comment

An Old Fashion with smoked maple syrup in lieu of sugar cube..........an enlightening experience.

Comment

This thread piqued my interest. Picked up my McCallan 12 today. Also picked up Knob Creek single barrel reserve 9 year 120 proof. Looking around for the four roses as well. Have outpatient surgery for my elbow. Have 20 days off starting Wednesday so I'll have some drinking time.

Comment

Buffalo Trace is my go to. I also enjoy Jim Bean Black Cherry once and awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X