X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
    replied
    Anyone ever try OGD 114?
    A buddy and I recently came upon a review of underdog bourbons and saw the OGD 114 and i was very curious of the real-world tasting notes
    Last edited by ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO; 08-08-2021, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
    commented on 's reply
    Mossy,
    Primarily bc the larger markets get higher allocation allotments. Whether the bottles are on limited availability or not

• Mrprovy
    replied
    Found this Bourbon Time set @ The Wine Guy yesterday and grabbed it...3 small bottles, but they are great flavors!

Last night was the first time I've tried the Jim Beam Black and have to say, it hours down really easy. It has a nice sweet flavor without any burn, and the finish has I mild spice to it. Not as much flavor as the signature reserve (that seems to be really hard to find), but av step up from the white bottle for those starting pour on their bourbon journey.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• mossy930spx
    commented on 's reply
    I scored 5 bottles of batch 12 and 1 bottle of batch 13 of Stagg Jr. Now I can’t find any. And BT products are impossible to find in SC.

• Destro
    commented on 's reply
    It was hard pre-pandemic, it's impossible now.

• Mrprovy
    commented on 's reply
    I've been trying to find another bottle of Stagg Jr for months now with no luck😞

• Destro
    replied
    Damn, show a little love, players. This thread is older than my son, and was migrated from Canada as well. Closing in on 9,000 views.

Barter.jpg
    bookers.jpg

bourbon_bar_1.jpg
    bourbonbar6.jpg

craig12year.jpg

noahsmill1.jpg

StaggJr3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
    replied
    Just FYI there will be some allocated bottles of High West (which are know for eclectic blending) American Prairie bourbon (finished in aquavit) and their Double rye (finished in Pineau des Charentes). Both finishes are special barrel selects and will be available next month. Both are an amazing finish and will be sold by one store in the city. The Aquavit has heat and dill spice notes to bost the mellow characteristics of the original bourbon and the Pineau des Charentas adds complex notes of molasses, nutmeg, toffee and brittle. More info to follow soon

Leave a comment:

• Mrprovy
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely!

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
    I think I posted the original Blackened a coupe years ago and love it! While, today while visiting The Wine Guy, I observed a new bottle of Blackened next to the original... Cask Strength

This bourbon is absolutely delicious! It is super smooth for a 115 proof whiskey; highly recommended (sorry my pallet isn't more descriptive).
    I haven’t tried the cask strength in Metallica’s bourbon. I guess maybe when i head over to pick up that charger from you 😆

Leave a comment:

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
    commented on 's reply
    The Elijah Craig small batch is so highly overlooked and is an amazing value for that flavor and mash bill.

• ANYGUNWILLDOIFUWILLDO
    commented on 's reply
    Sometimes bro you have to open it and let it breathe for awhile before consumption

• Mrprovy
    replied
    I think I posted the original Blackened a coupe years ago and love it! While, today while visiting The Wine Guy, I observed a new bottle of Blackened next to the original... Cask Strength

This bourbon is absolutely delicious! It is super smooth for a 115 proof whiskey; highly recommended (sorry my pallet isn't more descriptive).
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Destro
    commented on 's reply
    Good point, especially on the barrel proof level. I even remember certain parts of the rickhouse being hotter so they rotate barrels in Aging. However...with small batch the do mix barrels though so they have some control on the proof of the product. EVERY single bottle of small batch Elijah Craig for the last few years was at that very same proof. Not a coincidence.

Blended bourbons (90-80 proof) are all carefully watered down. Makers now makes a barrel proof too which is interesting.
    Last edited by Destro; 05-14-2021, 05:13 PM.

• Mrprovy
    commented on 's reply
    I love the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, well worth keeping on hand
Working...
X