Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else likes to drink cheap wine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else likes to drink cheap wine?

I like beer, but I don’t like having to go to the bathroom during the night.

It took me a long time to like wine. I started off with Zinfandel. It tasted great in the beginning, but began to taste too sweet.

I then started drinking Concha Y Toro Frontera (“Frontera”) Chardonnay. It tasted much better than the Zinfandel sugar water, but became acidy over time.

I now like Concha Y Toro Frontera Sauvignon Blanc. You can buy a magnum for less than $8.00. It has a lively, yet moderate taste.

Can anyone else recommend a cheap wine which tastes good, but is not too sugary or acidy?

Have you tried some good whiskeys?

Comment

Wine gives me a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
        Have you tried some good whiskeys?
        I drink whisky - not sure if others would consider it "good".

As Ozzy said, "wine is fine but whisky" is quicker. Tryin to relax while reducing the harm to my liver.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
          Wine gives me a headache.
          If you drink wine without sulfates, you should not have headaches. Hard to find cheap wine without sulfates.

Comment

I think Australia makes the best affordable wines, but they are on the sweeter side

for dryer wine look at Italian Chianti or Argentina Malbec wines. Keep sampling California Cabernet wines, many tend to be very dry.

if you like beers, but don’t want to constantly go to the bathroom. Go for stronger beers like Belgian triples or doubles. They have almost ten percent in alcohol and are extremely flavorful. One bottle is equivalent to two beers
            The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

A94B018D-1CB7-442B-8EE6-3EE4E364FB9E.jpeg
                The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Glenlivet Founders reserve has a very fruity nose that hints of wine; the taste follows the nose, but not too sweet. Unfortunately, most single barrel Scotches and more complex whiskeys are not cheap.

...as for wine, I always liked Martha Clara Rose

Comment

No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                      That looks flavorful, but I still prefer my Colt 45.

Comment

When I went to college I met an Air Force guy who was being sent to PennState for nuclear engineering.
                        we hit it off being the only veterans .
                        he was married to a Korean woman. He visited her family, who were rather well off.
                        They had a bottle of wine that was given to them by an American soldier sometime after the Korean War
                        they prominently displayed this bottle of expensive wine among their antiques some of them hundreds of years old worth thousands.
                        the wine was displayed in the center with a spot line on it.
                        Thunderbird.
                        he couldn’t tell them , he said.
                        i told him, you should have gone to the PX, spent $10 and gotten them a case
                        "Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

No

Comment

Its been a while but this stuff wasn’t bad for $5 wine. Unfortunately, life is too short to drink cheap wine.

ADF253AD-D0F1-43F6-823D-7455F56D696A.jpeg
                            Last edited by Huntington Guy; 05-17-2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X