Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else likes to drink cheap wine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
    I like the label. There is something about it which calls my name.

I also buy discounted almost expired Entenmann's cakes. They are so full of preservatives, they still taste great way after they "expired".

I am not cheap. I just like a good deal.

Comment

Ill take the paper bag off my bottle and let you know

Comment

Too little nag to copy and paste, but worth a read, about cheap vs expensive wine:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ience-analysis
        "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
        Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
        Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
          Too little nag to copy and paste, but worth a read, about cheap vs expensive wine:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ience-analysis
          Pretty sure the same is true for vodka. The cheap vodka my Dad would drink many years ago (when there were three major brands) is now considered "premium" vodka. Local young people do not know crap. A beard and tattoo sleeves does not make you knowledgeable, tough, or cool.

Comment

Originally posted by BurgerMeister View Post
            I like beer, but I don’t like having to go to the bathroom during the night.

It took me a long time to like wine. I started off with Zinfandel. It tasted great in the beginning, but began to taste too sweet.

I then started drinking Concha Y Toro Frontera (“Frontera”) Chardonnay. It tasted much better than the Zinfandel sugar water, but became acidy over time.

I now like Concha Y Toro Frontera Sauvignon Blanc. You can buy a magnum for less than $8.00. It has a lively, yet moderate taste.

Can anyone else recommend a cheap wine which tastes good, but is not too sugary or acidy?
            La Marca Prosseco
            I could drink it like water if I didn't have responsibilities.
            It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can't read between the lies of their textbooks
            This world must bear witness to a revolution every now and then
            We clutched our quills to scribe the bills of this great nation
            Now show me you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

I highly recommend making your own if you have the time. Not hard to learn or expensive to get started. You need patience and the ability to follow directions that's it. By the juice in 6 gallon pails in October for about 80 bucks or so. It should yield just under 5 gallons which is about 30 bottles IIRC. Start saving empty bottles now. The hardest part is sterilizing everything. Day you buy the juice (any variety you like), you pitch the yeast in the pail or a demi- John with an airlock... it should finish fermenting in about a week. Transfer by siphoning from the bucket to a sterilized demi john..airlock. check the airlocks weekly as the sterilized liquid inside may need topping off. Rack it (transfer to another demi- john) every 3 months. Racking clarifies the wine as sediments settle to the bottom. Hence why you end up with about 5 gallons. Never disturb the wine as it sits in demi John. Some add sulfites, some don't. Without them, your shelf life may be shorter especially if not stored properly. There's a little more to it, but it's simple. Bottle around Easter time.. by that time you should have racked it 3 times.

Best part, it makes great gifts. If you get a bad bottle, you can get some mother and start your own vinegar barrel. Any bottles that turn, dump them in barrel.

After you bought the basic supplies that you can reuse, you'll have better wine than the stuff you're currently drinking and it will cost you under 3 bucks a bottle!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post
                I highly recommend making your own if you have the time. Not hard to learn or expensive to get started. You need patience and the ability to follow directions that's it. By the juice in 6 gallon pails in October for about 80 bucks or so. It should yield just under 5 gallons which is about 30 bottles IIRC. Start saving empty bottles now. The hardest part is sterilizing everything. Day you buy the juice (any variety you like), you pitch the yeast in the pail or a demi- John with an airlock... it should finish fermenting in about a week. Transfer by siphoning from the bucket to a sterilized demi john..airlock. check the airlocks weekly as the sterilized liquid inside may need topping off. Rack it (transfer to another demi- john) every 3 months. Racking clarifies the wine as sediments settle to the bottom. Hence why you end up with about 5 gallons. Never disturb the wine as it sits in demi John. Some add sulfites, some don't. Without them, your shelf life may be shorter especially if not stored properly. There's a little more to it, but it's simple. Bottle around Easter time.. by that time you should have racked it 3 times.

Best part, it makes great gifts. If you get a bad bottle, you can get some mother and start your own vinegar barrel. Any bottles that turn, dump them in barrel.

After you bought the basic supplies that you can reuse, you'll have better wine than the stuff you're currently drinking and it will cost you under 3 bucks a bottle!!!
                I was never good a chemistry but I will give it a try.

Comment

Aldis sells wine for $2.89, but not in NY

Pinot Chico is a cheap wine, no idea if it's any good.

There's always Thunderbird, pick a good week's vintage
                  Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                    Ahhh, it was a good week.
                    Steve

Comment

Where’s the love for MD 2020? Or if we were romancing, Riunite Lambrusco?

Comment

If you’re looking for cheap shit, think the elixir of gods....

95509097-EC81-4B5D-96B9-8253F3E336B7.jpeg

Comment

thunderbird1a.jpg
                          "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." –Thomas B. Reed (1886)

Comment

drinking wine spodiodi drinking wine

Comment

When I was a kid there was an illustrated book by i think it was Ernie Pyle in the shelf in my home about the GI.s in WWII....with cartoon sketches of them by Bill Mauldin finding cognac. It must had influenced me because if I ever need to take the edge off and kick back a very small glass of it does the trick. I found one cartoon205.jpg
                              Last edited by Vitaman; 05-17-2019, 10:42 PM.
                              "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." –Thomas B. Reed (1886)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post
                                some of the guys I went to high school with had a ripple club , it was in the year book with the other clubs .

Comment

Working...
                                X