Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else likes to drink cheap wine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pandm View Post
    ripple and champagne " Champipple "

Comment

Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post

ripple and champagne " Champipple "
      Right-on Grady!

Comment

Black box Cabernet or Anthony hill
        cabernet are always on my counter. Nothing fancy but very drinkable stuff. Not a Zinfandel by any stretch but I like dry wine with a bite. I’m sure black box makes a flavor you’d like at 20 bucks a box it’s hard to beat.

Comment

9de4b638-9e29-4738-9939-ff269668d466_text.gif
          NRA Life member

Comment

If you like Sauvignon Blanc, then the ones from Australia are good. Lately I've been doing a lot of cooking(shrimp, fish, chicken) in wine sauces and drinking too with "Cupcake" Sauvignon Blanc. Has strong citrus and lemon flavors. Great for cooking and drinking, and priced about $7-$8.

cupcake-sauvignon-blanc-2014-review2.jpg
            Last edited by Postal Bob; 05-18-2019, 07:08 AM.
            Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
            Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

"I get high with a little help from my friend" - Blackstone Merlot - 6.99 per bottle. goes down smooth, no bitter after taste. Cheap? guess it depends who's asking
              I get it at that price at a place near me in KP. I've seen it for as much as 8.99 and as low as 5.99
              Last edited by SemiAutoFetish; 05-18-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

NTE FTW!

Comment

The Little Penguin from Australia is very good. I buy Cab Sauv by the case. If you get it on sale, its $8 for a 1.5L Well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by snowblind View Post
                    The Little Penguin from Australia is very good. I buy Cab Sauv by the case. If you get it on sale, its $8 for a 1.5L Well worth it.
                    Serious, no bullshit answer from a serious wine guy. I have hobnobbed with the best French winemakers in the world. I am not a wine expert , but I am an educated wine snob (big difference). I have even picked grapes in France at the "vendange" the French wine grape harvest.

Yellow Tail wine from Australia. Usually $6.99, for 750ml, but the larger bottles cost less per ounce.
                    Excellent selection of varietals, direct from a huge company that makes their wine from Australian Grapes, not simple glucose syrup and coloring like the usual cheap shit.
                    So many choices, you will find one you like. Very good wine for the money.

https://www.totalwine.com/wine/red-w...raz/p/93193750

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

I was going to recommend Yellow Tail Cab if you like Cabernet. Smoking Loon is probably the best $10 bottle I've found. Tom Gore is my favorite best value at $13.

Comment

Originally posted by BurgerMeister View Post

I was never good a chemistry but I will give it a try.
                        No chemistry. It's easy and actually enjoyable if you give yourself a half day to yourself. Always refrigerate your bottled wine. When you open a bottle, be prepared to let it breathe for an hour or so. Younger wines may be a bit fizzy especially if you bottled early. I've learned to let it go a bit longer before bottling and it makes it really nice. You'll Getty hooked pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

No chemistry. It's easy and actually enjoyable if you give yourself a half day to yourself. Always refrigerate your bottled wine. When you open a bottle, be prepared to let it breathe for an hour or so. Younger wines may be a bit fizzy especially if you bottled early. I've learned to let it go a bit longer before bottling and it makes it really nice. You'll Getty hooked pretty easily.
                          Fizzy bottles mean you bottled too soon, or, less commonly, you have an infection and the bacteria is causing gas buildup.

Before you bottle, spend a couple of minutes gently stirring your batch with a sanitized paddle or spoon. repeat this a few times over two days. When the bubbles stop rising up around the paddle, you can stop doing it. Never bottle before 4 weeks no matter what your instructions say, but waiting 6 or 8 weeks is always better.

If you have a fizzy bottle from rushing the process, decant the bottle into a pitcher and stir gently for a minute, That should kick the CO2 out, then drink the wine.

CO2 is an acid it alters your taste of the wine. It will taste better after you de-gas it.

I've sold these products for 25 years, I can usually answer your beer and wine fermenting questions.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, open seven days

Comment

Working...
                          X