atlantic chevy is jerking me around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atlantic chevy is jerking me around

So check engine light popped on about 1000 miles ago (2014 silverado currently just under 31k on the clock). Checked the code and it was P0420 (catalytic conv. efficiency below threshold). figured it had to be a glitch so i cleared the code. Came back. I had a long drive up to Mass and i figured that would flush the system but nope still the code came back. So seeing as how i try to avoid going to the stealership at all costs, i went to autozone and picked up some cataclean. Figured it was at least worth a shot. No good. So i bring the truck in this morning (730am) and get a call from the service consultant at around 1230. He says and i quote
    "you didnt tell me you modified the truck"
    -"yea i did why?"
    "well you have a modified exhaust so that voids your warranty. I cannot even look at it until the factory parts are back on."
    -"ohhhhhhh no no no... Federal law states that you cannot deny my warranty because of an aftermarket part, its on you to prove that an after market part caused the failure"
    "well i wasnt aware of that. Im told any modified stuff and we dont touch it, but im not an engineer"
    -"well lucky for you sir, i AM an engineer and i can tell you there is no way that a "CAT BACK" exhaust will cause any issues with a cat or anything upstream of it for that matter."
    "ill get with the higher ups and call you back"

I really wasnt in the mood to get in a pissing match and if i have to shell out any money for this im going to be super pissed. So for now, Fuck You Atlantic Chevy (hopefully a call comes in that changes my tone)
    "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Dealer service centers all suck.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

"Federal law states that you cannot deny my warranty because of an aftermarket part, its on you to prove that an after market part caused the failure"

I learned something new here.
      Good luck with the truck. Its probably one of the 02 sensors going bad. Easy fix if you can figure out which one it is. ( I could be wrong )

Comment

Anything with the Atlantic name sucks. We purchased 4 cars in one weekend (yes 4 cars), and they jerked us around when one had transmission issues. AND, they damaged the car while they had it AND swapped out my battery with an old used one.

Comment

Originally posted by METALHEAD View Post
          "Federal law states that you cannot deny my warranty because of an aftermarket part, its on you to prove that an after market part caused the failure"

I learned something new here.
          Good luck with the truck. Its probably one of the 02 sensors going bad. Easy fix if you can figure out which one it is. ( I could be wrong )

thats what im thinking... not sure how to test / diagnose if thats the case.
          "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

P0420 can also be from a cylinder not burning off all its fuel. A poorly burning plug can cause this as well as a weak coil pack. Even a injector starting to fail can cause this code to come up.

Comment

Maybe get a plane to tow a banner over the beach.
              The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by UVBNAXED View Post
                P0420 can also be from a cylinder not burning off all its fuel. A poorly burning plug can cause this as well as a weak coil pack. Even a injector starting to fail can cause this code to come up.

Damn... thats a lot to check... looks like im back out of fixing it myself lol

Comment

Start simple. Check your spark plugs.

Comment

Also, make sure the connection to your down stream 02 sensor didn't get knocked off or lose when the cat back system was installed. Could be something simple like that.

Comment

patiently waiting to hear back but looks like i might be headed to Chevy 112 soon

Comment

Start a website WWW.atlanticchevysucks.com... and a 50 page post here... You'll get help

Hope it all works out for you
                        All aboard the Trump train............................................. ....

Comment

• Destro
                          Destro commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Damn son.

• UVBNAXED
                          UVBNAXED commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yup, that just happened.

• Idiocracy
                          Idiocracy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sure did.

Anything owned by John Stalupi sucks th eopposite end of a penis. I had nothing but problems with Atlantic Infiniti. Bought it from ABLE then Atlantic bought it. It got real shady overnight.

You have a new truck, you shouldn't have to do anything yourself while under warranty. Take it to another dealer. Haanco on here may be able to guide you, I heard Robert Chevy has good service too....but lately it seems all factory service centers are hit and miss.

Comment

Cant many non dealer mechanics do warranty work also?

Comment

• 1895guy
                            1895guy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            is that true? i thought only certified dealers could perform warranty work?

Take it to another dealer and take it up with corporate.

They're all snakes. Just went through a warranty issue with a new truck and it seems to have worked out, but the service people and car salesmen are lucifer in the flesh.

Comment

• UVBNAXED
                            UVBNAXED commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It's all about money to them. But it's all your money they want. They could give a fuck less about help.

• Southshorerob
                            Southshorerob commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Service writers are wannabe salesman with shitty aditudes.
                        Working...
                        X