Camaro test mule crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camaro test mule crash

Not firey deaths or that crap, but cool anyway. Driver and occupants all okay.

https://youtu.be/VyWNiKpcNoQ

I had a used 1982 Camaro when I was in college. I sure did love how it looked. I should have bought two - one for the road and one for the shop (that is actually an old Jaguar joke).

I really did love the car but the maintenance repairs eventually cost more than I paid for the car ($3,000.00 ?).

Comment

Yeah, the third gens weren't exactly segment leaders. In any segment. Ever.

Comment

Had a '99 Camaro. Every time I changed the oil, something else was leaking. First it was the oil pan gasket. Then front main seal. Rear main seal went twice. Both driver's side and passenger side power window motors. After the cat went, the service manager asked me why haven't I got rid of it yet. I had the extended warranty, so everything was covered. After 4 years I had enough and sold it. I transferred the warranty to the new owner. I heard the week after he bought it, a tree fell on it in a big storm. Lol! What a POS!

Comment

Took a good hit.
          "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
          - Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
          - James Madison

Comment

I miss my 75' Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post
              Had a '99 Camaro. Every time I changed the oil, something else was leaking. First it was the oil pan gasket. Then front main seal. Rear main seal went twice. Both driver's side and passenger side power window motors. After the cat went, the service manager asked me why haven't I got rid of it yet. I had the extended warranty, so everything was covered. After 4 years I had enough and sold it. I transferred the warranty to the new owner. I heard the week after he bought it, a tree fell on it in a big storm. Lol! What a POS!
              That sucks man. I had 3 different 4th gens. Never a problem with any of them.

Comment

Guess they'll be working on the brake bias....and maybe grippier tires next time.

Wonder if the driver could have released the brakes and gotten enough steering back to almost make the turn?
                High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Idiocracy View Post

That sucks man. I had 3 different 4th gens. Never a problem with any of them.
                  Just my luck I guess, lol.

Comment

There were three people in the car, no doubt, data logging. I have to think they were testing in an unsettled chassis configuration of sorts. Just speculation really. Inside rear locking up makes me think he over cooked it into the turn. Probably to the extra weight in the back, screwing with weight transfer. Luckily not a huge hit

Comment

The don't call it the green hell for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiocracy View Post
                        Yeah, the third gens weren't exactly segment leaders. In any segment. Ever.
                        Originally posted by bberetta1 View Post

GM didn't have to make them any better because people bought them anyway.

Until they didn't.
                        To be human is to be armed.

Comment

Working...
                        X