Yesterday on the Tappan Zee Bridge - not me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday on the Tappan Zee Bridge - not me

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.

- Rudyard Kipling

I saw that mess.
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Looks like it lost a rear axle/wheels b4 it tipped?

Comment

glad id did not go that way , scary shit

Comment

Yeah it look like rear axle somehow snapped off

Comment

Scary shit

Comment

I was coming back from the Finger Lakes. I take 81 to 17, or I stay on 81 to Scranton and pick-up 80 east. So of course I took 17. The traffic was so bad, it was backing up northbound, all the way up the Palisades, right though Bear Mountain State Park, and up 17 to Middletown! I was going southbound (yeah, I know 17 is technically east or west, but it is diagonal, so southbound is 17 east) and I knew I was screwed. We sat in so much traffic just to get the the Tappan Zee, that it was cleared by the time we go there. It was around 2 hours to get from Middletown to the TZ. I would have stayed on the Palisades, but my Nav had an accident on the GWV too!!! If anybody has plans to use the TZ bridge, PM me, and make sure I am not going to be anywhere near it. If I am, you don't want to be! THIRD time in a row I used it, with either a multi-car accident, or stuff dumping of a truck. I actually think (although not positive) - the last time was a gas tanker spill!!!
              Last edited by MSA77; 05-14-2016, 04:03 PM.
              NRA Benefactor Life
              NRA Instructor & RSO
              NYSRPA, SAF, GOA

Comment

Working...
              X