Jeep Wrangler wheels question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeep Wrangler wheels question

I'm looking to upgrade the factory 17" wheels and GoodYear SR-A 255/75R17 tires. I've already decided to go with GoodYear Duratracs.
    So my question is, should I downsize the wheels to 16" (save some money on both wheels and tires) going with ProComp 7069 16x8 and 285/75R16 tires?
    Or stick with 17" wheels?
    No lift or off-roading. Just a daily driver. I want to keep tire diameter at 33".

One more question…. is the whole hub centric wheels thing worrying about nothing?
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

If you plan on going on the beach. I think the limit is 32" tires. Only issue with downsizing is if the rim will fit over the rotor and brake caliper.

Comment

I'm not planning on doing the beach thing. Too many rules. I'm going to pair up the new tires with aftermarket wheels with a more favorable backspacing (4-4.5") so the rotors won't be an issue. I want to increase the tire size to 33" and reduce the wheels to 16" both for looks and reduce tire costs. My concern is making the vehicle misbehave on the highway due to the larger sidewall and wider footprint.
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Working...
      X