Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truckie needs a truck part 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Truckie needs a truck part 2

    Hey guys,

    I thought I was all set to pull the trigger on the tundra and somehow the headhunters found me and now my commute changed from 20 minutes to 90 minutes into the city. I feel the tundra would be too big for city driving so I'm thinking midsize truck.

    Can anyone comment on the gen2 GMC canyon? I'm looking at the diesel specifically because of the 30 mpg and towing (we're looking at a small camper in the future).

    What do I need to know about diesel? School me please.

    Thanks
    Truckie453 (Vinny)

    #2
    I can't comment on the truck or the engine, but if you buy from a dealer, contact me first and I will get you a discount code. I have about a half dozen of them I can give to people.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Idiocracy View Post
      I can't comment on the truck or the engine, but if you buy from a dealer, contact me first and I will get you a discount code. I have about a half dozen of them I can give to people.
      Thank you. I will when I'm ready. Specifically GMC or chevy?

      Comment


        #4
        No worries man. And its good at any GM dealership. I'll need some info from you when the time comes (name address, crap like that) and it takes about 24 hours for me to get the code. Just keep that in mind for timing...

        Comment


          #5
          The Canyon looks like GMC's version of the Chevy Colorado. I test drove that and it was really nice. If you go to East Hills Chevy, tell em I sent you.
          Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

          Comment


            #6
            Cant go wrong with the Duramax 6 ,Look at the Dodge Eco diesel too. Parking a truck in the city is going to be a booger. I hate to say it but get a Prism or a total electric with the range to go back and forth. Are you sure your not going to take the train??

            Comment


              #7
              I looked at the GMC Canyon last year as well as the Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma as I am also (unfortunately) driving in the city for work a bit. Although I like the diesel Canyon, I ended up with the 2015 Tacoma since I was able to get a much better deal (around $10k less). I was in a rush as my other vehicle died and was pissing away money renting a car so I didn't get to shop around as much. The Toyota dealer also had the exact truck I wanted enroute from the plant so I only had to wait a few days for delivery.

              The Canyon was nice, but I have to admit, I am really enjoying the Tacoma. I have around 30k issue free miles so far and hope for many more. Good luck with your shopping, I don't envy you at all.... I absolutely hate vehicle shopping. Bunch of weasley bastards at most dealerships.
              Brandon

              NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post
                Cant go wrong with the Duramax 6 ,Look at the Dodge Eco diesel too. Parking a truck in the city is going to be a booger. I hate to say it but get a Prism or a total electric with the range to go back and forth. Are you sure your not going to take the train??
                Unfortunately, the train is not an option. I actually drive a subaru impreza right now which is a great vehicle for the city, but I really want to be higher in traffic and not have to worry when the snow is higher than 2". I was considering a full-size truck (the usual 1/2 ton suspects) before I got this new job since I had a short commute, but I think the 1/2 ton would be way too big.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by xcentrk View Post
                  I looked at the GMC Canyon last year as well as the Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma as I am also (unfortunately) driving in the city for work a bit. Although I like the diesel Canyon, I ended up with the 2015 Tacoma since I was able to get a much better deal (around $10k less). I was in a rush as my other vehicle died and was pissing away money renting a car so I didn't get to shop around as much. The Toyota dealer also had the exact truck I wanted enroute from the plant so I only had to wait a few days for delivery.

                  The Canyon was nice, but I have to admit, I am really enjoying the Tacoma. I have around 30k issue free miles so far and hope for many more. Good luck with your shopping, I don't envy you at all.... I absolutely hate vehicle shopping. Bunch of weasley bastards at most dealerships.
                  I will definitely check out the taco too. although the truck would be primarily a work DD, I would like the option to put my boys in the back on the weekends, so I think whichever has the room in the back may sway me too.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Barfly has a relatively new Taco Turd (Tacoma TRD).

                    I love my old 2007 Colorado. 205K with only two failed sensors (ABS & engine temp) and usual wear and tear ( tires, brakes, battery, belts and such). Would love a new diesel, but just can't swing it. BTW, the new generation Colorado/ Canyon are as long and high as the full size, just narrower by about 4 inches. May not be the best choice if you have to park on the street.

                    One member has a new gas Colorado, but I'll leave it up to him if he wants to chime in.
                    Steve

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Here you go. Keep in mind that, aside from the first video where they're in NY, they're normally testing around 1-2 miles above sea level.

                      https://youtu.be/WhgWOCHfFqU

                      https://youtu.be/Xh1DWhtO0nE

                      https://youtu.be/JGDIwZkLQuI

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
                        Barfly has a relatively new Taco Turd (Tacoma TRD).

                        I love my old 2007 Colorado. 205K with only two failed sensors (ABS & engine temp) and usual wear and tear ( tires, brakes, battery, belts and such). Would love a new diesel, but just can't swing it. BTW, the new generation Colorado/ Canyon are as long and high as the full size, just narrower by about 4 inches. May not be the best choice if you have to park on the street.

                        One member has a new gas Colorado, but I'll leave it up to him if he wants to chime in.
                        I'll second the size of these things. I parked my Ram 1500 next to one a few weeks ago, and thought it was a Silverado at first because of the size. I didn't realise it was a Colorado until I saw the badge.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Thanks for the info about the size guys, I haven't seen one next to a full size Truck yet so I didn't realize how close they are...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Mosin1942 View Post
                            Here you go. Keep in mind that, aside from the first video where they're in NY, they're normally testing around 1-2 miles above sea level.

                            https://youtu.be/WhgWOCHfFqU

                            https://youtu.be/Xh1DWhtO0nE

                            https://youtu.be/JGDIwZkLQuI
                            Tfl is where I first learned about the diesel. Thanks for the video links.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Idiocracy View Post
                              I can't comment on the truck or the engine, but if you buy from a dealer, contact me first and I will get you a discount code. I have about a half dozen of them I can give to people.
                              will the codes work for a Silverado? I plan on getting one this week likely a lease thx

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X